Trampoline vs Rebounder. A trampoline and a rebounder are closely connected in a number of ways.
You can easily find the rebounders and trampoline in any sports store.
They are similar in composition and style, and the jumping mats are made up of similar and identical materials.
However, they have different functions, which are responsible for differentiating between the two apparatus.
Most people refer to the rebounders as mini-trampolines. This is how the rebounders are designed.
They look like a trampoline, but they have to be used differently.
So, in this wordy piece, let’s talk about the key difference between rebounder and trampoline.
Functions of A Trampoline and A Rebounder
Trampolines are used for fun and entertainment, and they are also used for working out.
They are used by the cheerleaders and the gymnasts to perform a unique set of exercises.
These are found in almost all the backyards as it not only helps a person to relax and enjoy, but it can also be used for various group activities.
Trampolines come in large sizes, but they are also available in smaller sizes for the kids.
However, they are still not similar to a rebounder.
Best Trampolines: Amazon Best Sellers!
- 【Ultimate Bounce Trampoline】Super bounce and much more superior weight capacity. Reinforced trampoline jumping mat uses heavy-duty stitching technology to provide longer service life and better...
- 【Huge Weight Capacity】The large outdoor trampoline has a capacity of 8-10 kids. Note: The alone user maximum weight does not exceed 264LBS, for prevent injuries caused by uneven strength on the...
- 【All About Safety】All our 15ft trampolines are thoroughly tested for safety and durability, and equipped with 6 W-shaped big foot pipes, more foot pipes disperses more gravity from users
- 【360° Safety Protection Net】This 15ft trampoline with enclosure equipped with safety enclosure net made of high-strength nylon. The safety enclosure net is connected with the spring cover mat to...
- 【Reinforced Steel Frame】The frame of our 15FT trampoline with net consists of heavy-duty galvanized steel, rust-resistant springs and thickened 6 W-shaped legs, increasing frame stability and...
- 🏀SAFETY FIRST - This 16FT trampoline with enclosures features a 360-degree safety net that is securely attached to the jumping mat all the way around, reducing the risk of an arm or leg falling...
- 🏀PREMIUM BOUNCING EXPERIENCE - High-strength trampoline mat woven together that can handle constant flexing, making it durable and soft on your feet. 108 galvanized springs evenly stretched around...
- 🏀STABLE & DURABLE - Heavy gauge galvanized steel frame forms 6 W-shaped legs to provide a stable base for the jumping zone. The joins are press-fitted onto each frame piece to reduce frame noise...
- 🏀ASSEMBLE EASILY - All accessories included, packed in 3 bags. Trampoline frame and Jumping mat, Safety enclosure net, Trampoline Safety Pad, Trampoline Rain Cover, U-shaped Wind Stakes,...
- 🏀WORRY-FREE PURCHASE - All testing approved. Perfect gift for your kids and keep them busy. And please note that the packages will come in 3 boxes separately, they may not be shipped together....
- 🌟Premium Bouncing Experience High-strength trampoline mat woven together that able to handle constant flexing, making it durable and soft on your feet. 72 galvanized springs evenly stretched around...
- 🌟Careful Care We this recreational trampolines is equipped with a full-size safety cover pad and is fixed by high-quality elastic bands to protect your children from any potential injuries while...
- 🌟Built with Durability Heavy gauge galvanized steel frame forms 6 W-shaped legs provide stable base for the jumping zone. The joins are press-fitted onto each frame piece to reduce frame noise and...
- 🌟Fun Features Jumping is more fun by adding a basketball goal, which will keep your kids busy all day.
- 🌟Assembly Details We have designed this trampoline to be as easy as possible to assemble,we recommend two or more people for assembly. Quick tip: view the assembly sequence to reduce the...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2023-03-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the case of a rebounder, the functions and purposes are completely different.
Rebounders can only be used by a single user at one time, and they are used for exercising.
Though the rebounders look like trampolines, they do not have a similar bounce as the trampolines.
Rebounders are close to the level of the ground, and they provide more safety when a person loses his balance while exercising.
Rebounders are considered to be more stable as well.
Traditional rebounders have a radius of 4 feet.
Best Rebounders: Amazon Best Sellers!
- LARGE FRAME AREA TO WORK OUT: 39-inch frame provides a large surface area with lots of freedom to move
- CUSTOMIZABLE TENSION SETTINGS: 7 adjustable tension settings that allow changes to mat firmness for a customized bounce
- GREAT FOR ANY WORKOUT: Perfect for higher intensity workouts, small group, Group, and personal training
- SILENT: Virtually silent and wonderfully smooth, cushioned, yet lively bounce
- STABLE LEGS: Arched legs provide stability and resist tipping for added safety
- Telescoping frame adjusts rebounder angle for high pops, grounders and line drives
- Product height – 8 Feet (96”) | Mat area – 6 Ft. W x 8 Ft. H | Weight – 70 lbs. | Storage dimensions – 4 Ft. W x 8 Ft. H x 4 Ft. D
- Rock solid 12 gauge welded folding system
- Rounded corners allows rebounder to slide easily for storage
- 1.5" Powder coated 17 gauge steel frame with rigid construction
- Perfect Lacrosse Rebounder: Great for all skill levels. Extra bungees for incredible bounce back strength to practice every aspect of the game.
- Improve Your Game Fast: With 4 attack angles, the Rukket rebounder training screen will give you the repetition to work on different techniques and take your skills to the next level.
- Not A Single “Dead” Area: At 4ft x 7ft our rebounder gives you more than 20 square feet of superior ball return surface, for whatever curve ball might be thrown next.
- Built for Long-Term Outdoor Use: 1.25 inch powder-coated metal frame, heavy duty carriage bolt fasteners, and mesh protected bungees ensure long-term outdoor use.
- Rukket Fair Play Guarantee & Lifetime Warranty: At Rukket Sports we know you came to win. We also understand that in order to win you need to train hard, so that’s why we’re proud to offer the...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2023-03-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Rebounder vs trampoline: Workout Goals
A trampoline has a large size which makes it perfect for the tumbling workouts as well as practicing stunts like handsprings and flips.
Rebounders, on the other hand, do not have enough space to allow a person to practice stunts.
This is why rebounders are used for routine aerobic exercises.
You can jump on your rebounder, incorporate different elements of the aerobic exercises by holding the dumbbells, but you cannot practice your tumbling workouts or stunts without the help of a trampoline.
Both the trampolines and the rebounders can lead to head injuries.
This is why kids should not play with either of them until they are supervised by an adult.
However, in comparison to the trampolines, the rebounders are considered to be safer as they are close to the ground and do not provide much space for all the dangerous tricks like the flips.
Rebounders can also decrease the risk of an injurious fall.
If you are using a trampoline for exercising or performing your stunts, ensure that you add the safety enclosures or the safety nets so that you do not fall out of your trampoline.
A safety net will make sure that you are saved from any fatal accident or injury as long as they have been assembled in the correct manner.
Weight Bearing Capacity
The weight capacity of the rebounders and the trampolines vary greatly.
Though a rebounder is smaller in size, it can bear weight up to 400 pounds, and it depends on the model that you have purchased.
A standard trampoline can support the weight of 330 pounds, and mini trampolines can support a hundred pounds of weight.
In certain cases, the rebounders and trampolines are capable of supporting more weight than usual.
The outdoor trampolines are priced at $100, and it can go up to $400 depending on the brand or the build quality of the trampoline.
On the other hand, the rebounders start from $30 and can go up to $200.
Some rebounders can be as high as 700 dollars.
Both these devices are known to offer excellent health benefits to individuals.
They help in toning up your muscles and are the best for improving coordination and play an important role in helping the sufferers of back pain to recover in no time.
The health benefits that they provide include:
- Reducing the inflammation and pain while increasing the energy level of an individual
- Increasing the endurance capacity of the lungs and the heart
- Reducing stress levels
- Increasing the loss of weight by making use of all the muscles in your body
- Increasing the muscle mass as well as the bone density
- Getting rid of unwanted cellulite from the body
Trampoline vs Rebounder: Final Word
According to the budget that you have and the type of function that you are looking forward to, you can decide whether you want to purchase a rebounder or a trampoline.
If you are a gymnast and you have to practice stunts regularly, you should go for the trampoline.
However, if your only motive is rebounding and exercising, you should opt for the rebounders.
You can be assured that both will give you the same health benefits over a period of time.
Who am I? A Montessori educator.
What a pleasure to recognize and interpret each child’s needs!
How exciting to help children become self-reliant and support them in their process of self-development.
I am also truly passionate about guiding adults in building their relationship with children.