Trampoline vs Rebounder. A trampoline and a rebounder are closely connected in a number of ways.
You can easily find the rebounders and trampoline in any sports store.
They are similar in composition and style, and the jumping mats are made up of similar and identical materials.
However, they have different functions, which are responsible for differentiating between the two apparatus.
Most people refer to the rebounders as mini-trampolines. This is how the rebounders are designed.
They look like a trampoline, but they have to be used differently.
So, in this wordy piece, let’s talk about the key difference between rebounder and trampoline.
Functions of A Trampoline and A Rebounder
Trampolines are used for fun and entertainment, and they are also used for working out.
They are used by the cheerleaders and the gymnasts to perform a unique set of exercises.
These are found in almost all the backyards as it not only helps a person to relax and enjoy, but it can also be used for various group activities.
Trampolines come in large sizes, but they are also available in smaller sizes for the kids.
However, they are still not similar to a rebounder.
Best Trampolines: Amazon Best Sellers!
- 【ASTM Approved & Curved Poles】Our backyard trampolines are ASTM certified. We maintain a safe distance between the curved trampoline poles and the enclosure net to prevent any user from hitting...
- 【Gapless & Tightly-woven Enclosure】The no-gaps design reduces the risk of accidental injuries, ensuring a consistent and enjoyable bouncing experience. The tightly-woven polyethylene enclosure net...
- 【Durable Frames & Legs】Our outdoor trampolines have galvanized stainless steel frames, ensuring durability, weather resistance, and rust prevention. Supported by four evenly spaced W-shaped legs,...
- 【Considerate Design Elements】Our 12ft trampoline has 72 strong springs for powerful bouncing and includes a ladder and durable double-sided zippers for safe and easy access.
- 【Packed in One Box】One box contains all parts for our recreational trampolines, reducing wait time and the chance of missing accessories. Enjoy quick installation and immediate jumping fun.
- 🏃【Active&Interesting】Bring a brand new way of entertaining to your energetic and tireless children. Let safe jumping exercise improve kids' coordination, balance, and cardiovascular health. Our...
- 🏃【Safety First】When it comes to children, parents always pay their most attention to confirm the safety issues. This trampoline consists of 54 sturdy and flexible springs, combined with a...
- 🏃【Excellent Structure and Materials】The mainframe of the trampoline is supported by high-quality galvanized steel, with a load-bearing capacity of 220 pounds, which can fully hold the unlimited...
- 🏃【Careful Care】We this trampoline is equipped with a full-size safety cover pad and is fixed by high-quality elastic bands to protect your children from any potential injuries while playing....
- 🏃【Easy Setup】Easy installation with step-by-step instructions. Our 10FT trampoline assembled dimensions: 10'x 9.48'(Feet).
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2023-09-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
In the case of a rebounder, the functions and purposes are completely different.
Rebounders can only be used by a single user at one time, and they are used for exercising.
Though the rebounders look like trampolines, they do not have a similar bounce as the trampolines.
Rebounders are close to the level of the ground, and they provide more safety when a person loses his balance while exercising.
Rebounders are considered to be more stable as well.
Traditional rebounders have a radius of 4 feet.
Best Rebounders: Amazon Best Sellers!
- 【Max Load 440LBS】 High-quality steel frame, 8 firm legs, 40 high-strength stainless steel springs, wear-resistant PP mat that support up to 440 POUNDS
- 【48-Inch Bounce Mat】The size of 48 is enough for parents to take kids to experience the fun of the trampoline, satisfy the family's member fitness and entertainment life.
- 【Safe Adjustable Bar】 Heavy-duty steel handle provides FOUR levels adjustable ranged from 2'6" to 3'5" (on the mat) suitable for kids and adults.
- 【Folding Oxford Pad】Four holes construct allows you to fold trampoline without taking off the pad. Waterproof, Anti-scratch, Easy-to-clean.
- 【Magic Bounce】10 Minutes bounce exercise equals 1-hour jogging, 30 minutes cycling or 20 minutes swimming. Suitable for adults and kids.
- 【Fairly Easy to Assemble】BCAN fitness trampoline comes with 60% pre-assembled. Only 10 minutes to complete the assembly with our special tool.
- 【450 LBS Weight Capacity】32 high-strength bungee ropes, 3 mm thickened steel, and wear-resistant PP mat make the 2022 upgraded fitness trampoline can bear up to 450 LBS.
- 【More Knee Friendly】The high-quality bungees provide a smoother and more safe experience. 1.2 mm thickened bungees deliver a comfortable workout experience and caring protection for the knees and...
- 【Noiseless】The bungee cords trampoline is stronger and quieter than other trampolines. No worry about disturbing neighbors or even sleeping babies when jumping.
- 【Portable】 Unique foldable frame structure, the folded size is 15'' X 30''. Only 20% of the fully unfolded size. Easy to store the backboard anywhere, bed, sofa, car trunk, closet, etc.
- 🤸♀️ Round jump mat is made of heavy-duty polypropylene to ensure sustained bouncing and coil spring for high elasticity Assemble size at 40” x 33-42’’ from platform to top for safe...
- 🤸♀️ The padded handlebar is adjustable ranging from 33’’ to 42’’ high that fit to user’s height. Using the handlebar for easy grip to control your bounce. The frame cover is also...
- 🤸♀️ Easy folding and designed to fit small spaces in the gym or at home. Its convenient size lets you carry it from one spot to another without any hassle
- 🤸♀️ This heavy duty trampoline has a durable construction and can support up to 330 lbs. Perfect fitness tool for you to increase your strength and stamina
- 🤸♀️【Easy to Assemble】 We have detailed assembly instruction manual included. We listed each specific assembly step and all parts and show the steps in picture form. It also comes with...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2023-09-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Rebounder vs trampoline: Workout Goals
A trampoline has a large size which makes it perfect for the tumbling workouts as well as practicing stunts like handsprings and flips.
Rebounders, on the other hand, do not have enough space to allow a person to practice stunts.
This is why rebounders are used for routine aerobic exercises.
You can jump on your rebounder, incorporate different elements of the aerobic exercises by holding the dumbbells, but you cannot practice your tumbling workouts or stunts without the help of a trampoline.
Both the trampolines and the rebounders can lead to head injuries.
This is why kids should not play with either of them until they are supervised by an adult.
However, in comparison to the trampolines, the rebounders are considered to be safer as they are close to the ground and do not provide much space for all the dangerous tricks like the flips.
Rebounders can also decrease the risk of an injurious fall.
If you are using a trampoline for exercising or performing your stunts, ensure that you add the safety enclosures or the safety nets so that you do not fall out of your trampoline.
A safety net will make sure that you are saved from any fatal accident or injury as long as they have been assembled in the correct manner.
Weight Bearing Capacity
The weight capacity of the rebounders and the trampolines vary greatly.
Though a rebounder is smaller in size, it can bear weight up to 400 pounds, and it depends on the model that you have purchased.
A standard trampoline can support the weight of 330 pounds, and mini trampolines can support a hundred pounds of weight.
In certain cases, the rebounders and trampolines are capable of supporting more weight than usual.
The outdoor trampolines are priced at $100, and it can go up to $400 depending on the brand or the build quality of the trampoline.
On the other hand, the rebounders start from $30 and can go up to $200.
Some rebounders can be as high as 700 dollars.
Both these devices are known to offer excellent health benefits to individuals.
They help in toning up your muscles and are the best for improving coordination and play an important role in helping the sufferers of back pain to recover in no time.
The health benefits that they provide include:
- Reducing the inflammation and pain while increasing the energy level of an individual
- Increasing the endurance capacity of the lungs and the heart
- Reducing stress levels
- Increasing the loss of weight by making use of all the muscles in your body
- Increasing the muscle mass as well as the bone density
- Getting rid of unwanted cellulite from the body
Trampoline vs Rebounder: Final Word
According to the budget that you have and the type of function that you are looking forward to, you can decide whether you want to purchase a rebounder or a trampoline.
If you are a gymnast and you have to practice stunts regularly, you should go for the trampoline.
However, if your only motive is rebounding and exercising, you should opt for the rebounders.
You can be assured that both will give you the same health benefits over a period of time.
Who am I? A Montessori educator.
What a pleasure to recognize and interpret each child’s needs!
How exciting to help children become self-reliant and support them in their process of self-development.
I am also truly passionate about guiding adults in building their relationship with children.