How To Do A Backflip on a Trampoline? Backflips are not only interesting but also exciting to show off.
To do a backflip, you do not need to be a gymnast or an acrobat. Since the trampoline has a bouncy surface, you can do a backflip with time.
You have to practice regularly, and in the beginning, it might look impossible. But as time progresses, you will be able to do the perfect backflip.
All you require is patience. You can also practice moves like backdrops over overcoming your fear and then you can roll back into a somersault.
As soon as you start mastering these basic movements, you can start doing backflips.
- How To Do A Backflip on a Trampoline? Follow the 7 steps below
- How To Do A Backflip on a Trampoline? Tips to Keep in Mind
- Trampolines: Best Sellers On Amazon
How To Do A Backflip on a Trampoline? Follow the 7 steps below
Step 1: A trusted partner
You should work with a trusted partner when you are doing a backflip. For the first time, there may be chances of you falling and getting injured.
Work with someone who will have your back and make you comfortable when trying to do a backflip.
Step 2: Warm yourself up
Once you have a partner, you have to start warming yourself up by bouncing on the trampoline. Try to jump around and limber up the legs.
Strengthen your stomach, neck and back muscles by performing a set of chin-ups, pull-ups, and crunches.
These muscles are going to play an important role when you perform your backflip. Keep in mind that all the trampolines are not similar to each other.
So you should be familiar with your trampoline before you go for a backflip, or it can lead to an accident.
Step 3: perform a backdrop
As soon as you finish warming up, perform a backdrop. This means you have to let yourself loose, fall on the trampoline and bounce back up.
In case you are not comfortable, try to do a seat drop first.
When you feel comfortable, you can try this backdrop and throw the legs over, like a tiny somersault.
If you are afraid of the trampoline, backdrops will help you to get rid of this fear.
The moves of a backdrop are similar to that of a backflip. Doing repeated backdrops will help you to master yourself before you understand how to do a backflip.
You should do a backflip only when you have started getting accustomed to a backdrop.
Step 4: come to the center of your trampoline
Now, you have to come to your trampoline’s center to avoid getting injured when you perform a backflip.
If you try it towards the edges of the trampoline, there are chances that you may land outside, and hurt yourself.
Step 5: increase your height
Start jumping again, and this time if you have to increase your height as you progress.
Try to lean backward with each bounce.
When you do this, you will understand the correct angle that is required to start and finish your jump.
Step 6: look up at the sky
When you are sure that you have reached your highest peak, you have to look up at the sky. Then, throw your arms backward.
Slowly, take your shoulders, torso, and head behind you.
You have to either tuck the legs against the chest or swing them to complete the rotation.
Step 7: straighten your legs
Once this is done, try to straighten the legs before you can land back on the trampoline.
Done and dusted! Follow these steps under the supervision of an expert or at least your elder ones. Mastering this routine manner, you can perform a backflip.
How To Do A Backflip on a Trampoline? Tips to Keep in Mind
If you have just started doing a backflip, it is obvious that you will not be able to do it perfectly.
Nevertheless, you should keep a few notions in mind before you perform a backflip. They are;
- There is no need to do a huge backflip. Also, try to keep a huge space on your trampoline when you are doing the backflip so that you do not land on the ground.
Try with small backflips and once you are used to it, try taking bigger leaps.
- Ensure that the partner that you have selected is aware as to how to do a backflip.
If he is not, consider making someone who knows a backflip, your partner.
- Ask your partner to help in spotting you when you are learning how to do the backflip.
Ensure that all the other people are off your trampoline.
- If you fail to complete the rotation, you should not remove your arms from their position in order to prevent your fall.
This can be dangerous as your arm can break or get fractured. Maintain the same position no matter how many times you fail.
With proper practice sessions, you will be able to master the backflip perfectly.
If you lose balance and you are about to fall down, try to fall forward into a frog position, or fall on your back.
It is true that backflips are not easy, but if you are flexible enough and you can warm up your body, you will do it nicely.
Again, be careful in the learning process.
Trampolines: Best Sellers On Amazon
- 【Ultimate Bounce Trampoline】Super bounce and much more superior weight capacity. Reinforced trampoline jumping mat uses heavy-duty stitching technology to provide longer service life and better...
- 【Huge Weight Capacity】The large outdoor trampoline has a capacity of 8-10 kids. Note: The alone user maximum weight does not exceed 264LBS, for prevent injuries caused by uneven strength on the...
- 【All About Safety】All our 15ft trampolines are thoroughly tested for safety and durability, and equipped with 6 W-shaped big foot pipes, more foot pipes disperses more gravity from users
- 【360° Safety Protection Net】This 15ft trampoline with enclosure equipped with safety enclosure net made of high-strength nylon. The safety enclosure net is connected with the spring cover mat to...
- 【Reinforced Steel Frame】The frame of our 15FT trampoline with net consists of heavy-duty galvanized steel, rust-resistant springs and thickened 6 W-shaped legs, increasing frame stability and...
- 🏀SAFETY FIRST - This 16FT trampoline with enclosures features a 360-degree safety net that is securely attached to the jumping mat all the way around, reducing the risk of an arm or leg falling...
- 🏀PREMIUM BOUNCING EXPERIENCE - High-strength trampoline mat woven together that can handle constant flexing, making it durable and soft on your feet. 108 galvanized springs evenly stretched around...
- 🏀STABLE & DURABLE - Heavy gauge galvanized steel frame forms 6 W-shaped legs to provide a stable base for the jumping zone. The joins are press-fitted onto each frame piece to reduce frame noise...
- 🏀ASSEMBLE EASILY - All accessories included, packed in 3 bags. Trampoline frame and Jumping mat, Safety enclosure net, Trampoline Safety Pad, Trampoline Rain Cover, U-shaped Wind Stakes,...
- 🏀WORRY-FREE PURCHASE - All testing approved. Perfect gift for your kids and keep them busy. And please note that the packages will come in 3 boxes separately, they may not be shipped together....
- 🌟Premium Bouncing Experience High-strength trampoline mat woven together that able to handle constant flexing, making it durable and soft on your feet. 72 galvanized springs evenly stretched around...
- 🌟Careful Care We this recreational trampolines is equipped with a full-size safety cover pad and is fixed by high-quality elastic bands to protect your children from any potential injuries while...
- 🌟Built with Durability Heavy gauge galvanized steel frame forms 6 W-shaped legs provide stable base for the jumping zone. The joins are press-fitted onto each frame piece to reduce frame noise and...
- 🌟Fun Features Jumping is more fun by adding a basketball goal, which will keep your kids busy all day.
- 🌟Assembly Details We have designed this trampoline to be as easy as possible to assemble,we recommend two or more people for assembly. Quick tip: view the assembly sequence to reduce the...
- All our trampolines are tested for safety and durability to meet or exceed all American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM) standards, creating a safe trampoline where children can thrive.
- PATENTED DESIGN: Our patented no-gap enclosure eliminates dangerous gaps between the enclosure net and the jumping surface, protecting children from pinch points and openings (Patent RE45, 182).
- DURABILITY: Enjoy endless family fun on your trampoline with the support of a galvanized steel frame that is weather and rust resistant. All our trampolines feature reinforced T-sockets at each leg...
- MAXIMUM USER WEIGHT: We thoroughly test our products according to ASTM standards. The maximum recommended user weight for this trampoline is 200 lbs. Per ASTM standards, our trampolines are tested to...
- WARRANTY: Skywalker Trampolines stands behind our quality guarantee with our 3-year limited warranty on the frame and our 1-year limited warranty on all other materials.
- Have Fun from Home: When don’t kids have a big smile on their face when jumping on a trampoline? Bring one home and turn your blank backyard into an exciting playground filled with the sound of...
- Why Choose the SONGMICS Trampoline? It has a fully galvanized steel base with a plastic-sprayed surface for rust resistance, 6 sturdy W-shaped legs for better durability, and 6.5” strong, anti-rust...
- Play with Peace of Mind: It also has a superior dense mesh for the enclosure net with a height of 70.9”, a 15 mm thick, wear-resistant, and anti-UV spring cover pad, and each rod is padded with...
- More Fun to Come: Here’s the frosting on the cake: this high-quality trampoline comes with a basketball hoop, which brings more fun as your kids jump, shoot, and dunk
- What You Get: A 15ft trampoline with a maximum load capacity of 331 lb, a basketball hoop, a foot mat, a ladder, an accessory kit, and detailed instructions. This trampoline will be shipped in 3...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2023-03-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Who am I? A Montessori educator.
What a pleasure to recognize and interpret each child’s needs!
How exciting to help children become self-reliant and support them in their process of self-development.
I am also truly passionate about guiding adults in building their relationship with children.
3 thoughts on “How To Do A Backflip on a Trampoline? [In 7 Steps]”
Can you do a video
I followed this and I still can’t do it