How To Do A Backflip on a Trampoline? Backflips are not only interesting but also exciting to show off.
To do a backflip, you do not need to be a gymnast or an acrobat. Since the trampoline has a bouncy surface, you can do a backflip with time.
You have to practice regularly, and in the beginning, it might look impossible. But as time progresses, you will be able to do the perfect backflip.
All you require is patience. You can also practice moves like backdrops over overcoming your fear and then you can roll back into a somersault.
As soon as you start mastering these basic movements, you can start doing backflips.
- How To Do A Backflip on a Trampoline? Follow the 7 steps below
- How To Do A Backflip on a Trampoline? Tips to Keep in Mind
- Trampolines: Best Sellers On Amazon
How To Do A Backflip on a Trampoline? Follow the 7 steps below
Step 1: A trusted partner
You should work with a trusted partner when you are doing a backflip. For the first time, there may be chances of you falling and getting injured.
Work with someone who will have your back and make you comfortable when trying to do a backflip.
Step 2: Warm yourself up
Once you have a partner, you have to start warming yourself up by bouncing on the trampoline. Try to jump around and limber up the legs.
These muscles are going to play an important role when you perform your backflip. Keep in mind that all the trampolines are not similar to each other.
So you should be familiar with your trampoline before you go for a backflip, or it can lead to an accident.
Step 3: perform a backdrop
As soon as you finish warming up, perform a backdrop. This means you have to let yourself loose, fall on the trampoline and bounce back up.
In case you are not comfortable, try to do a seat drop first.
When you feel comfortable, you can try this backdrop and throw the legs over, like a tiny somersault.
If you are afraid of the trampoline, backdrops will help you to get rid of this fear.
The moves of a backdrop are similar to that of a backflip. Doing repeated backdrops will help you to master yourself before you understand how to do a backflip.
You should do a backflip only when you have started getting accustomed to a backdrop.
Step 4: come to the center of your trampoline
Now, you have to come to your trampoline’s center to avoid getting injured when you perform a backflip.
If you try it towards the edges of the trampoline, there are chances that you may land outside, and hurt yourself.
Step 5: increase your height
Start jumping again, and this time if you have to increase your height as you progress.
Try to lean backward with each bounce.
When you do this, you will understand the correct angle that is required to start and finish your jump.
Step 6: look up at the sky
When you are sure that you have reached your highest peak, you have to look up at the sky. Then, throw your arms backward.
Slowly, take your shoulders, torso, and head behind you.
You have to either tuck the legs against the chest or swing them to complete the rotation.
Step 7: straighten your legs
Once this is done, try to straighten the legs before you can land back on the trampoline.
Done and dusted! Follow these steps under the supervision of an expert or at least your elder ones. Mastering this routine manner, you can perform a backflip.
How To Do A Backflip on a Trampoline? Tips to Keep in Mind
If you have just started doing a backflip, it is obvious that you will not be able to do it perfectly.
Nevertheless, you should keep a few notions in mind before you perform a backflip. They are;
- There is no need to do a huge backflip. Also, try to keep a huge space on your trampoline when you are doing the backflip so that you do not land on the ground.
Try with small backflips and once you are used to it, try taking bigger leaps.
- Ensure that the partner that you have selected is aware as to how to do a backflip.
If he is not, consider making someone who knows a backflip, your partner.
- Ask your partner to help in spotting you when you are learning how to do the backflip.
Ensure that all the other people are off your trampoline.
- If you fail to complete the rotation, you should not remove your arms from their position in order to prevent your fall.
This can be dangerous as your arm can break or get fractured. Maintain the same position no matter how many times you fail.
With proper practice sessions, you will be able to master the backflip perfectly.
If you lose balance and you are about to fall down, try to fall forward into a frog position, or fall on your back.
It is true that backflips are not easy, but if you are flexible enough and you can warm up your body, you will do it nicely.
Again, be careful in the learning process.
Trampolines: Best Sellers On Amazon
- Your kid's fun and safety - Our Responsibility! For your family's safety we innovated our trampolines for kids and adults with next gen curved poles designed to protect your children from accidents or...
- Our New Patented Design - One Trampoline for Kids, Two Colors. We don't want our trampoline for kids and adults to be just fun and safe, we want it to look absolutely great too. So you never get...
- Quick & Easy to Install.You have everything you need in your Jumpzylla package: coherent, easy to read and follow installation guide, and design innovations to simplify everything. The Jumpzylla...
- Kids just wanna have fun - for a long time! We want your Jumpzylla super trampoline to look good as new for as long as possible! The frame is galvanized inside-out and the legs are powder coated for...
- The Jumpzylla New Generation Super Trampoline – We never stop innovating. Be the first to have the Jumpzylla patented, exclusive double sided spring pad - black & your favorite color added to all...
- Perfect gift for your kids and keep them busy.
- 【ASTM Approved & Curved Poles】Our backyard trampolines are ASTM certified. We maintain a safe distance between the curved trampoline poles and the enclosure net to prevent any user from hitting...
- 【With Basketball Hoop】This trampoline comes with a basketball hoop, offering a whole new way of entertainment for energetic kids. It allows children to improve their coordination and balance...
- 【Gapless & Tightly-woven Enclosure】The no-gaps design reduces the risk of accidental injuries, ensuring a consistent and enjoyable bouncing experience. The tightly-woven polyethylene enclosure net...
- 【Durable Frames & Legs】Our outdoor trampolines have galvanized stainless steel frames, ensuring durability, weather resistance, and rust prevention. Supported by four evenly spaced W-shaped legs,...
- 【Considerate Design Elements】Our 12ft trampoline has 72 strong springs for powerful bouncing and includes a ladder and durable double-sided zippers for safe and easy access.
- UNCOMPROMISED SAFETY - JoyBerri prioritizes your family's safety with lab tested, ASTM-certified trampolines. Our outwardly curved poles prevent accidental collisions, and the extra strong safety net...
- DAZZLING LED LIGHTS & OPTIONAL SPRINKLER - elevate your nighttime jumping experience with included the LED lights featuring 16 vibrant colors, 7 modes and remote control. And if you're looking for a...
- DURABLE DESIGN, MAXIMUM SUPPORT - the Joyberri trampoline boasts a durable frame made from weather resistant, rust proof galvanized steel. Secure it firmly with the the included ground stakes for...
- YEAR ROUND GIFTING DELIGHT - whether its a birthday, christmas, or just because, the JoyBerri trampoline makes a fantastic gift for kids of all ages. Surprise your loved ones with boundless fun and...
- 5 YEAR WARRANTY - at JoyBerri, we got your back. Each product undergoes rigorous quality control testing, comes with lifetime customer support and a built in 5 year warranty - so your never left...
- SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY: Our outdoor trampoline for kids and adults with basketball hoop is designed with a patented no-gap enclosure system, protecting children from pinch points and openings...
- BASKETBALL HOOP: Throw, shoot, and slam dunk with the included basketball and recreational trampoline basketball hoop on this large trampoline with net enclosure.
- DURABILITY: Enjoy endless family fun on your backyard trampoline for kids with the support of a galvanized steel frame. Thanks to the rust resistant frame, this outdoor trampoline with enclosure net...
- WEIGHT CAPACITY: This trampoline has been tested to a maximum weight capacity of 800 pounds (200 lbs ASTM standard).
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: With over 100,000 happy customers since our company was founded in 2005, Skywalker Trampolines creates heavy duty trampolines for adults and kids that provide children with fun and...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2024-02-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Who am I? A Montessori educator.
What a pleasure to recognize and interpret each child’s needs!
How exciting to help children become self-reliant and support them in their process of self-development.
I am also truly passionate about guiding adults in building their relationship with children.