How to Clean a Trampoline ? Though trampolines are made for excitement and fun, cleaning them should be an inevitable part of everyone’s routine.
If your trampolines are in your backyard, it is obvious that it will face the wrath of the weather, withstand dirt and bugs and much more.
And, if you do not feel like cleaning it on a regular basis, your trampoline will become unusable soon. Even if you have installed the all-weather trampoline covers, it is your duty to remove the cover sometimes and clean it thoroughly.
Cleaning a Trampoline
A general rule of thumb is, you should not clean your trampoline when the weather is cloudy, or it is raining outside. If you do so, it will become very difficult for you to dry the trampoline later.
Therefore, you should clean it when the weather is sunny so that your trampoline can dry fast and you can assemble it back again for your kids to enjoy it.
For cleaning the trampoline, certain pieces of equipment are required. These include;
- A broom
- A small brush and a dustpan
- A bucket filled with warm water
- A soft scrubbing brush that you buy for cleaning your kitchen sink
- Water hose in order to soak your trampoline and rinse it thoroughly
- Large towels for drying the trampoline
Tips to Clean Your Trampoline
If you plan to clean the trampoline nicely, you have to follow the steps given below;
The first step is to use the brush for sweeping the mat and getting rid of the debris and dirt. Ask help from someone so that you can sweep all the unwanted dirt from your springs as well.
Next, you have to use the hose and soak your mat in water.
Scrub the Trampoline mat with warm water which is soapy and make use of the soft brush. Scrubbing hard can damage the entire material. So ensure that you are doing it slowly but swiftly. You can walk in small sections or scrub the entire mat before you start rinsing it.
Use the water hose for rinsing off the soap from your trampoline mat.
Use the towels for drying the mat and then keep it uncovered so that the air and sun can dry it.
After rinsing and cleaning the trampoline mat, you have to start cleaning the protective pads and the springs as well.
These steps will help you to clean the trampoline thoroughly and get rid of all the dust and dirt particles easily. Cleaning a trampoline regularly also ensures that the germs that your kids bring are washed off.
Facts to Keep in Mind
There are a certain notions that you should keep in mind while cleaning your trampoline. Listed below are the tips that you should take into consideration;
- Try to clean your trampoline mat and enclosure net on a regular basis only if the weather is sunny.
- Since you will be using a lot of water to clean your trampoline, you can use the rust protection sprays on the ladder and the springs to protect them from rusting.
- If you observe tiny white spots or rust developing on your trampoline spring or ladder, you can make solutions of one part of vinegar and three parts of water. By using a toothbrush, you can use this solution to scrub the affected area. Keep it on for a few minutes, and then you can rinse it off.
- Avoid using harmful chemicals for cleaning your trampoline as they can easily damage the components. A few chemicals are capable of interfering with the ultraviolet resistance of your trampoline jumping pad.
- Water and mild soap are the best combo for keeping your trampoline neat and clean. You can purchase a spray if you want which will help keep your trampoline clean throughout the year.
- You can cover your trampoline with a strong weather cover when it is not being used for a long time. For example, if you are going for a vacation, cover your trampoline so that you can prevent dust from landing on your trampoline or the weather from damaging the apparatus.
- Mats that have additional ultraviolet protection can also become dry when they are exposed to the sun for a long time. In case the fabric becomes dry, holes may be formed which can be extremely hazardous for the jumpers.
- Keep a shovel and brush handy so that you can clean the leaves that fall on your trampoline regularly.
- When you clean, you should check if there is any damage or rust on your trampoline frame. Apply the anti-rust lubricant or grease to prevent the rust from spreading.
If you want to clean your trampoline effectively and more effortlessly, it is much better to move to the in-ground ones. In case of these trampolines, no nets are required. You can brush the trampoline easily and quickly.
Trampolines: Best Sellers On Amazon
- 【Ultimate Bounce Trampoline】Super bounce and much more superior weight capacity. Reinforced trampoline jumping mat uses heavy-duty stitching technology to provide longer service life and better...
- 【Huge Weight Capacity】The large outdoor trampoline has a capacity of 8-10 kids. Note: The alone user maximum weight does not exceed 264LBS, for prevent injuries caused by uneven strength on the...
- 【All About Safety】All our 15ft trampolines are thoroughly tested for safety and durability, and equipped with 6 W-shaped big foot pipes, more foot pipes disperses more gravity from users
- 【360° Safety Protection Net】This 15ft trampoline with enclosure equipped with safety enclosure net made of high-strength nylon. The safety enclosure net is connected with the spring cover mat to...
- 【Reinforced Steel Frame】The frame of our 15FT trampoline with net consists of heavy-duty galvanized steel, rust-resistant springs and thickened 6 W-shaped legs, increasing frame stability and...
- 🏀SAFETY FIRST - This 16FT trampoline with enclosures features a 360-degree safety net that is securely attached to the jumping mat all the way around, reducing the risk of an arm or leg falling...
- 🏀PREMIUM BOUNCING EXPERIENCE - High-strength trampoline mat woven together that can handle constant flexing, making it durable and soft on your feet. 108 galvanized springs evenly stretched around...
- 🏀STABLE & DURABLE - Heavy gauge galvanized steel frame forms 6 W-shaped legs to provide a stable base for the jumping zone. The joins are press-fitted onto each frame piece to reduce frame noise...
- 🏀ASSEMBLE EASILY - All accessories included, packed in 3 bags. Trampoline frame and Jumping mat, Safety enclosure net, Trampoline Safety Pad, Trampoline Rain Cover, U-shaped Wind Stakes,...
- 🏀WORRY-FREE PURCHASE - All testing approved. Perfect gift for your kids and keep them busy. And please note that the packages will come in 3 boxes separately, they may not be shipped together....
- 🌟Premium Bouncing Experience High-strength trampoline mat woven together that able to handle constant flexing, making it durable and soft on your feet. 72 galvanized springs evenly stretched around...
- 🌟Careful Care We this recreational trampolines is equipped with a full-size safety cover pad and is fixed by high-quality elastic bands to protect your children from any potential injuries while...
- 🌟Built with Durability Heavy gauge galvanized steel frame forms 6 W-shaped legs provide stable base for the jumping zone. The joins are press-fitted onto each frame piece to reduce frame noise and...
- 🌟Fun Features Jumping is more fun by adding a basketball goal, which will keep your kids busy all day.
- 🌟Assembly Details We have designed this trampoline to be as easy as possible to assemble,we recommend two or more people for assembly. Quick tip: view the assembly sequence to reduce the...
- All our trampolines are tested for safety and durability to meet or exceed all American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM) standards, creating a safe trampoline where children can thrive.
- PATENTED DESIGN: Our patented no-gap enclosure eliminates dangerous gaps between the enclosure net and the jumping surface, protecting children from pinch points and openings (Patent RE45, 182).
- DURABILITY: Enjoy endless family fun on your trampoline with the support of a galvanized steel frame that is weather and rust resistant. All our trampolines feature reinforced T-sockets at each leg...
- MAXIMUM USER WEIGHT: We thoroughly test our products according to ASTM standards. The maximum recommended user weight for this trampoline is 200 lbs. Per ASTM standards, our trampolines are tested to...
- WARRANTY: Skywalker Trampolines stands behind our quality guarantee with our 3-year limited warranty on the frame and our 1-year limited warranty on all other materials.
- Have Fun from Home: When don’t kids have a big smile on their face when jumping on a trampoline? Bring one home and turn your blank backyard into an exciting playground filled with the sound of...
- Why Choose the SONGMICS Trampoline? It has a fully galvanized steel base with a plastic-sprayed surface for rust resistance, 6 sturdy W-shaped legs for better durability, and 6.5” strong, anti-rust...
- Play with Peace of Mind: It also has a superior dense mesh for the enclosure net with a height of 70.9”, a 15 mm thick, wear-resistant, and anti-UV spring cover pad, and each rod is padded with...
- More Fun to Come: Here’s the frosting on the cake: this high-quality trampoline comes with a basketball hoop, which brings more fun as your kids jump, shoot, and dunk
- What You Get: A 15ft trampoline with a maximum load capacity of 331 lb, a basketball hoop, a foot mat, a ladder, an accessory kit, and detailed instructions. This trampoline will be shipped in 3...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2023-03-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Who am I? A Montessori educator.
What a pleasure to recognize and interpret each child’s needs!
How exciting to help children become self-reliant and support them in their process of self-development.
I am also truly passionate about guiding adults in building their relationship with children.