How to Clean a Trampoline ? Though trampolines are made for excitement and fun, cleaning them should be an inevitable part of everyone’s routine.
If your trampolines are in your backyard, it is obvious that it will face the wrath of the weather, withstand dirt and bugs and much more.
And, if you do not feel like cleaning it on a regular basis, your trampoline will become unusable soon. Even if you have installed the all-weather trampoline covers, it is your duty to remove the cover sometimes and clean it thoroughly.
Cleaning a Trampoline
A general rule of thumb is, you should not clean your trampoline when the weather is cloudy, or it is raining outside. If you do so, it will become very difficult for you to dry the trampoline later.
Therefore, you should clean it when the weather is sunny so that your trampoline can dry fast and you can assemble it back again for your kids to enjoy it.
For cleaning the trampoline, certain pieces of equipment are required. These include;
- A broom
- A small brush and a dustpan
- A bucket filled with warm water
- A soft scrubbing brush that you buy for cleaning your kitchen sink
- Water hose in order to soak your trampoline and rinse it thoroughly
- Large towels for drying the trampoline
Tips to Clean Your Trampoline
If you plan to clean the trampoline nicely, you have to follow the steps given below;
The first step is to use the brush for sweeping the mat and getting rid of the debris and dirt. Ask help from someone so that you can sweep all the unwanted dirt from your springs as well.
Next, you have to use the hose and soak your mat in water.
Scrub the Trampoline mat with warm water which is soapy and make use of the soft brush. Scrubbing hard can damage the entire material. So ensure that you are doing it slowly but swiftly. You can walk in small sections or scrub the entire mat before you start rinsing it.
Use the water hose for rinsing off the soap from your trampoline mat.
Use the towels for drying the mat and then keep it uncovered so that the air and sun can dry it.
After rinsing and cleaning the trampoline mat, you have to start cleaning the protective pads and the springs as well.
These steps will help you to clean the trampoline thoroughly and get rid of all the dust and dirt particles easily. Cleaning a trampoline regularly also ensures that the germs that your kids bring are washed off.
Facts to Keep in Mind
There are a certain notions that you should keep in mind while cleaning your trampoline. Listed below are the tips that you should take into consideration;
- Try to clean your trampoline mat and enclosure net on a regular basis only if the weather is sunny.
- Since you will be using a lot of water to clean your trampoline, you can use the rust protection sprays on the ladder and the springs to protect them from rusting.
- If you observe tiny white spots or rust developing on your trampoline spring or ladder, you can make solutions of one part of vinegar and three parts of water. By using a toothbrush, you can use this solution to scrub the affected area. Keep it on for a few minutes, and then you can rinse it off.
- Avoid using harmful chemicals for cleaning your trampoline as they can easily damage the components. A few chemicals are capable of interfering with the ultraviolet resistance of your trampoline jumping pad.
- Water and mild soap are the best combo for keeping your trampoline neat and clean. You can purchase a spray if you want which will help keep your trampoline clean throughout the year.
- You can cover your trampoline with a strong weather cover when it is not being used for a long time. For example, if you are going for a vacation, cover your trampoline so that you can prevent dust from landing on your trampoline or the weather from damaging the apparatus.
- Mats that have additional ultraviolet protection can also become dry when they are exposed to the sun for a long time. In case the fabric becomes dry, holes may be formed which can be extremely hazardous for the jumpers.
- Keep a shovel and brush handy so that you can clean the leaves that fall on your trampoline regularly.
- When you clean, you should check if there is any damage or rust on your trampoline frame. Apply the anti-rust lubricant or grease to prevent the rust from spreading.
If you want to clean your trampoline effectively and more effortlessly, it is much better to move to the in-ground ones. In case of these trampolines, no nets are required. You can brush the trampoline easily and quickly.
Trampolines: Best Sellers On Amazon
- Safe Trampoline for Kids: The largest load-bearing of outdoor trampoline is 1000 LBS, it capacities 4-6 kids. Note: The alone user maximum weight does not exceed 375LBS, for prevent injuries caused by...
- Supper Bounce Trampoline: Tatub trampolines have a better bounce and much more superior weight capacity. Jumping Mat uses heavy-duty stitching technology to provide longer service life and better...
- Higher Quality Trampoline: The heavy galvanized springs provide superior bounce and rust resistance. All the springs are covered with thick and durable foam pad to protect your kids from injury.
- Safety is NO.1：Safety always comes top priority. JINS&VICO trampoline comply with ASTM F381& F2225 Standard Safety, trampoline accessories such as enclosure net, padding cover, jumping mat and tubes...
- Balance Bar Design: Unique 4 balance bar plus 4 W-shaped legs provide double stability. In addition to the 4 w-shaped legs at the bottom to evenly support the frame of the trampoline, our upgraded...
- Basketball Hoop & Ladder: The trampoline with a flexible basketball hoop makes jumping and shooting at ease and doubles the pleasure. Attached ladder is convenient for children to climb up and...
- 【Safety is NO.1】CalmMax's design philosophy is : Trampolines must be safer. CalmMax trampolines comply with ASTM F381-16 Standard Safety Specification for Components, Assembly, Use, and Labeling...
- 【A Safe Enclosure for Safe Play】Safety and quality in backyard play is at the heart of everything we do. We have created a 6FT high and 360-degree net safety enclosure that is UV, fade resistant...
- 【Big Bounce Science】 Manufactured with EU standard Polypropylene bounce surface provides unmatched rebounding force. Our 12ft trampoline has been tested to 20,000 jumps. Mats are tested up to...
- Safety is our 1st priority: Patented enclosure eliminates gaps between the enclosure net and the jumping surface protecting children from pinch points and openings
- Safe design: 96 6.5" long steel rust resistant springs located around the outside of the enclosure net for safety. Enclosure system features upright foam padded poles for stability, woven net has a...
- Slam dunk basketball hoop: Made of soft, safe play materials with a hook and loop breakaway rim to minimize damage to enclosure net and poles; Includes 1 foam basketball
- 【Safety is NO.1】Safety always comes top priority. LOKDOF trampoline comply with ASTM F381& F2225 Standard Safety, trampoline accessories such as enclosure net, padding cover, jumping mat and tubes...
- 【360 degree Safety Enclosure Net】5.74FT height thicken anti-UV polyethylene safety enclosure net can protect kids from falling, which also attached to steel tube with PP soft foam, eliminates gaps...
- 【Higher Quality Trampoline】60pcs high tension steel springs provide superior bounce, all the springs are covered with thick and durable blue PE+PVC foam pad, 1.5mm steel poles are padded with...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2021-09-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Who am I? A Montessori educator.
What a pleasure to recognize and interpret each child’s needs!
How exciting to help children become self-reliant and support them in their process of self-development.
I am also truly passionate about guiding adults in building their relationship with children.