How to Clean a Trampoline ? Though trampolines are made for excitement and fun, cleaning them should be an inevitable part of everyone’s routine.
If your trampolines are in your backyard, it is obvious that it will face the wrath of the weather, withstand dirt and bugs and much more.
And, if you do not feel like cleaning it on a regular basis, your trampoline will become unusable soon. Even if you have installed the all-weather trampoline covers, it is your duty to remove the cover sometimes and clean it thoroughly.
Cleaning a Trampoline
A general rule of thumb is, you should not clean your trampoline when the weather is cloudy, or it is raining outside. If you do so, it will become very difficult for you to dry the trampoline later.
Therefore, you should clean it when the weather is sunny so that your trampoline can dry fast and you can assemble it back again for your kids to enjoy it.
For cleaning the trampoline, certain pieces of equipment are required. These include;
- A broom
- A small brush and a dustpan
- A bucket filled with warm water
- A soft scrubbing brush that you buy for cleaning your kitchen sink
- Water hose in order to soak your trampoline and rinse it thoroughly
- Large towels for drying the trampoline
Tips to Clean Your Trampoline
If you plan to clean the trampoline nicely, you have to follow the steps given below;
The first step is to use the brush for sweeping the mat and getting rid of the debris and dirt. Ask help from someone so that you can sweep all the unwanted dirt from your springs as well.
Next, you have to use the hose and soak your mat in water.
Scrub the Trampoline mat with warm water which is soapy and make use of the soft brush. Scrubbing hard can damage the entire material. So ensure that you are doing it slowly but swiftly. You can walk in small sections or scrub the entire mat before you start rinsing it.
Use the water hose for rinsing off the soap from your trampoline mat.
Use the towels for drying the mat and then keep it uncovered so that the air and sun can dry it.
After rinsing and cleaning the trampoline mat, you have to start cleaning the protective pads and the springs as well.
These steps will help you to clean the trampoline thoroughly and get rid of all the dust and dirt particles easily. Cleaning a trampoline regularly also ensures that the germs that your kids bring are washed off.
Facts to Keep in Mind
There are a certain notions that you should keep in mind while cleaning your trampoline. Listed below are the tips that you should take into consideration;
- Try to clean your trampoline mat and enclosure net on a regular basis only if the weather is sunny.
- Since you will be using a lot of water to clean your trampoline, you can use the rust protection sprays on the ladder and the springs to protect them from rusting.
- If you observe tiny white spots or rust developing on your trampoline spring or ladder, you can make solutions of one part of vinegar and three parts of water. By using a toothbrush, you can use this solution to scrub the affected area. Keep it on for a few minutes, and then you can rinse it off.
- Avoid using harmful chemicals for cleaning your trampoline as they can easily damage the components. A few chemicals are capable of interfering with the ultraviolet resistance of your trampoline jumping pad.
- Water and mild soap are the best combo for keeping your trampoline neat and clean. You can purchase a spray if you want which will help keep your trampoline clean throughout the year.
- You can cover your trampoline with a strong weather cover when it is not being used for a long time. For example, if you are going for a vacation, cover your trampoline so that you can prevent dust from landing on your trampoline or the weather from damaging the apparatus.
- Mats that have additional ultraviolet protection can also become dry when they are exposed to the sun for a long time. In case the fabric becomes dry, holes may be formed which can be extremely hazardous for the jumpers.
- Keep a shovel and brush handy so that you can clean the leaves that fall on your trampoline regularly.
- When you clean, you should check if there is any damage or rust on your trampoline frame. Apply the anti-rust lubricant or grease to prevent the rust from spreading.
If you want to clean your trampoline effectively and more effortlessly, it is much better to move to the in-ground ones. In case of these trampolines, no nets are required. You can brush the trampoline easily and quickly.
Trampolines: Best Sellers On Amazon
- 【All About Safety】All our 14ft trampolines are thoroughly tested for safety and durability, and equipped with 6 W-shaped big foot pipes, more foot pipes disperses more gravity from users
- 【Superior Bounce】Our garden trampoline features ultra-durable and UV resistant woven polypropylene mats, which has passed American UV standard 5000hours test and make bouncing with ease
- 【 Built to Last】This outdoor trampoline comes with 72pcs anti-rust spings and 6 W-shaped frames, make it sturdy and robust all the time. It's a perfect outdoor trampoline for adults & kids
- 【Huge Weight Capacity】Larger jumping zone and support 6-9 kids enjoy jumping at once, no more fighting! All family members join in bouncing party today
- 【Once For All Installation】This outdoor trampoline is made of galvanized frame inside and outside, legs are powder coated for extra protection against rust, the thick foam is covered by PE...
- LARGE FRAME AREA TO WORK OUT: 39-inch frame provides a large surface area with lots of freedom to move
- CUSTOMIZABLE TENSION SETTINGS: 7 adjustable tension settings that allow changes to mat firmness for a customized bounce
- GREAT FOR ANY WORKOUT: Perfect for higher intensity workouts, small group, Group, and personal training
- SILENT: Virtually silent and wonderfully smooth, cushioned, yet lively bounce
- STABLE LEGS: Arched legs provide stability and resist tipping for added safety
- 【Safety is NO.1】CalmMax's design philosophy is : Trampolines must be safer. CalmMax trampolines comply with ASTM F381-16 Standard Safety Specification for Components, Assembly, Use, and Labeling...
- 【A Safe Enclosure for Safe Play】Safety and quality in backyard play is at the heart of everything we do. We have created a 6FT high and 360-degree net safety enclosure that is UV, fade resistant...
- 【Big Bounce Science】 Manufactured with EU standard Polypropylene bounce surface provides unmatched rebounding force. Our 12ft trampoline has been tested to 20,000 jumps. Mats are tested up to...
- 【Built With Durability in Mind】CalmMax trampoline heavy-duty steel frame components undergo a 3-layer rust-proofing and durability process. All metal trampoline components are galvanised inside...
- 【CalmMax stability Trampoline】The heavy galvanized springs provide superior bounce and rust resistant. All the springs are covered with thick and durable Blue PE+PVC foam pad, to protect your...
- LONGER LIFESPAN: This trampolines comply with ASTM F381-16 Standard Safety Specification for Components, Assembly, Use, and Labeling of Consumer Trampolines. All our products are tested for safety and...
- SAFETY FIRST: Fully galvanized steel frame for better resistance to rust and corrosion; 4 U-shaped big legs with 8 balanced contact points for better stability and safety; Safety enclosure net is...
- POWERFUL LOADING CAPACITY: Max loading capacity is 440 lbs. In addition to solid construction, 10-Foot large capacity make you feel more safe and allows several persons can play and jump on this...
- BETTER BOUNCE: Manufactured with EU standard Polypropylene (PP) bounce surface provides unmatched rebounding force. Ideal for physical training or entertainment for the entire family indoors and...
- 80-INCH JUMPING MAT DIAMETER: This trampoline for kids 8 feet bouncer with enclosure has a total assembled size of 96” x 96” x 94.1” to give you ample space for endless jumping fun. Perfect for...
- WATERPROOF CONSTRUCTION: Lab tested and safety certified trampoline high weight capacity features water proof and weather-resistant construction to withstand humid and wet weather. Provides outdoor...
- SUPPORTS UP TO 264 LBS: SereneLife full-size trampoline with enclosure for adults, kid, teens have a maximum weight capacity of up to 264 lbs while offering superior and impressive bounce. Keeps your...
- MADE TO LAST: The trampoline for kids outdoor trampoline 8ft features long lasting high quality reinforced polypropylene jumping mat material and heavy duty engineered galvanized metal frame that can...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2022-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Who am I? A Montessori educator.
What a pleasure to recognize and interpret each child’s needs!
How exciting to help children become self-reliant and support them in their process of self-development.
I am also truly passionate about guiding adults in building their relationship with children.