How to clean a baby hair brush? A baby hairbrush is a must-have item for every parent. It helps groom your baby’s hair so that it looks neat and tidy while its soft bristles act gently on your baby’s sensitive scalp to prevent damages.
With time, however, the brush might start to accumulate gunk, dirt, and other debris. It can get even worse if your little one has a cradle cap or an oily cap.
This can affect how the brush does its job. Thus, you’ll need to clean to ensure it continues taming your baby’s mane well.
Below, we’ll take you through an easy, quick guide on how to clean your baby hair brush the right way.
Step to follow:
- Start by rinsing your baby hairbrush with some warm water to help eliminate any loose particles that might have been trapped in the bristles.
Also, consider rubbing the brush against your clean hands to help loosen even more particles.
- Next, pour some of your baby shampoo into a plugged sink or wash basin, and then fill it with warm water to make a mixture of soapy water.
- Soak your brush in the resulting mixture of soapy water and allow it to soak for around 15 minutes to overnight. The longer you soak it, the more residue it’ll let loose.
- Afterward, remove the baby brush from the soapy water and run it through warm running water to help rinse as well as get rid of any particles that might have loosened during the soaking period.
Cleaning a baby hairbrush with wooden handle
If your baby hairbrush is made with a wooden handle, then you’d want to avoid using immersing it in water as this can ruin the handle and cause the bristles to start falling out.
So, how would you clean dirty bristles of a wooden brush?
A simple and safe way would involve:
- Run your clean fingertips through the bristles and then tap the bristles on your hand to help loosen any residue.
- Then, you can pass a soft damp face cloth (dipped in soapy water) over the bristles to help freshen them up.
Quick TIP: As much as possible, make a habit of brushing your baby hair only after you have completely dried it using a towel. This will help prevent water from slipping into your brush’s wooden handle
If you happen to brush your baby’s hair while still wet, then it’s advisable to place the brush with the bristles facing down to prevent water from escaping into the wooden handle and damaging it.
NOTE that some wooden handles, such as maple wood, are usually splash-proof, and you can wipe them clean with a damp cloth without running them.
How to clean a baby hair brush? Commonly asked questions:
1. Should I sanitize my baby hair brush?
It’s not necessary to sanitize your baby hairbrush after cleaning. This is because the brush is usually used on the closed skin and not in your baby’s mouth. Just a mixture of warm water and mild soap will do the trick.
2. Can I put the baby brush in a washer?
No! you should not put your baby brush in the washing machine as you can ultimately damage its soft bristles and render it useless.
3. Is it safe to use bleach to clean my baby hair brush?
No! Bleach can easily damage the brush’s bristles and make it unable to groom your baby’s hair.
How to clean a baby hair brush? Final Word
See, it’s easy to clean your baby hairbrush. All you need is to run it through some warm water to help loosen any particles stuck inside.
Then, soak it in a mixture of warm water and your baby shampoo for as long as possible to help remove even more dirt, gunk, and debris.
Eventually, rinse the brush, and it’s clean and ready for use again!
Baby Hair Brush: Best Sellers On Amazon!
- AMAZING BABY BRUSH! With the finest bristles, made from all natural bristles, you can softly brush your baby’s hair and massage his scalp both for grooming and relaxation. Perfect brush for a...
- NATURAL HAIR BRISTLE BRUSH! Provides safe, easy grooming experience; helps to redistribute natural oils throughout the strands of the hair without pulling or damaging your baby’s hair or scalp.
- PREVENT BABY CRADDLE CAP! By using the soft bristle cradle cap brush daily to massage your baby’s scalp, you can prevent cradle cap from building up, while also protecting their soft spot. Extra...
- GREAT BABY SHOWER / REGISTRY GIFT! This baby brush will cover every parent’s needs for grooming baby hair. Choose it for your registry or buy one for your friends with babies. Everyone loves this...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE! You and your baby will love our product or you will receive a complete refund of your money. Take advantage of our premium, risk free offer now and buy your baby the best...
- HEAD-HUGGING: The unique flexible design contours to baby's head for a soft and gentle massage + styling
- SOFT + GENTLE BRISTLES: Soft-bristles brush ideal for smoothing hair and stimulating the scalp
- STYLING COMB: Keep baby's do smooth and tamed with this styling comb
- NO SLIP GRIP: Palm-grip design with comfort straps for one-handed use
- SNAP-IN STORAGE CASE: Keep your tools neat and tidy while ensuring baby looks neat and tamed
- SOFT + FLEXIBLE BRISTLES: Perfect for fine or straight hair
- NO PAIN FOR THEIR MANE: Designed to effectively detangle and style hair without hurting the scalp
- NO PULLING OR BREAKAGE: The brush that saves strands from tangles and tears
- THE MANE ATTRACTION: Wet or Dry hair
- WHAT'S INSIDE: 1 Detangling Hairbrush + Keep-Clean Case
- CRADLE CAP BRUSH. This brush is effective for preventing cradle cap while keeping baby’s soft spot protected.
- NEWBORN ESSENTIALS. Sized just right for baby’s head and comfortable for adult hands, the soft baby brush and comb are grooming must-haves!
- FOR ALL HAIR TYPES. Baby care products for all hair types – fine, thick, curly or straight.
- PERFECT BABY SHOWER GIFT. Our baby comb and brush set makes a useful and thoughtful gift parents will love.
- COMPLETE BABY HAIR ESSENTIALS- Greenth Pro brings you all the parental essentials you need to take care of your baby’s hair health, in 1 complete Hair Brush Set with; 1x Wooden Hair Brush, 1x Wooden...
- NATURAL, SOFT & 100% SAFE- Our brushes are specifically made for delicate skin and help untangle baby hair. The comb in our baby grooming kit are made with the finest Pear Wood, while the brush...
- SOOTHING & RELAXING- With just this set you’ll be treating your baby boy or girl to their own spa-like session. Help them relax by boosting circulation. IDEAL BABY SHOWER & REGISTRY GIFT- Packaged...
- SOOTHING & RELAXING- With just this set you’ll be treating your baby boy or girl to their own spa-like session. Help them relax by boosting circulation.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE！You can feel free to contact us if you have any questions or are not satisfied with the products,We will give you full refund if you don't like it! Please rest assured to...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2023-09-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Who am I? A Montessori educator.
What a pleasure to recognize and interpret each child’s needs!
How exciting to help children become self-reliant and support them in their process of self-development.
I am also truly passionate about guiding adults in building their relationship with children.