One of the most important factors to consider when purchasing a hoverboard is how long the battery will last.
You should know how long the hoverboard will last and for how long it will function on a single charge. Like most things, regular care and maintenance will allow your hoverboard to last longer.
Replacing parts sometimes may be necessary to ensure optimal function. The question of how long a hoverboard battery lasts really comes down to the brand. With every model being so unique, the battery life will differ greatly depending on the manufacturer.
This is an important factor to consider when purchasing a hoverboard, especially since you don’t want your device to power off in the middle of an adventure.
About the Life of a Hoverboard Battery
It is important to inquire about hoverboard battery life before making a purchase. You should also consider bringing an extra pack of batteries if you like uninterrupted hoverboard races with friends.
- THE ULTIMATE HOVERBOARD ACCESSORY:It doesn’t get any better than this when it comes to spicing up your hover boards life. With a full go kart attachment, shock absorbers, disc brakes and more, this...
- FULLY COMPATIBLE:Fits almost all hover boards currently on the market. With an extendable frame in both width and height you’ll be able to adjust your go kart for both kids and adults. You can also...
- EXTREMELY FUN, EXTREMELY SAFE:Safety if important to us, just as it is to you. A built in Shock absorber reduces impact on rough surfaces to give you a smooth ride while supporting your back. High...
- AS DURABLE AS YOU:Built with longevity in mind, we added a sturdy metal frame that will hold up against any terrain. Telescopic rods keep the kart’s weight in mind so you can still carry it when...
- EASY SET UP, EASY UPGRADE:Be up and running within minutes of arriving. Attaching your hoverboard is as simple as strapping it in place. Need more speed? Upgrade your hoverboard. Need to go off road?...
- POWERFUL JOYRIDE – Dual 250W brushless motors power up to 7.5MPH speed and climb inclines up to 15˚. Equipped with a 144Wh big battery power up to 60-90minutes or 7 miles range per charge(the...
- INNOVATIVE LIGHT and MUSIC SPEAKER - Innovative tunnel light design, make you stand out among friends. Two LED headlights provide you safer ride at night. Built-in music speakers and allows...
- SAFETY - GOTRAX hoverboards have passed the strict electrical, battery and charger systems tested, and approved UL2272 safety certification to ensure safety. GOTRAX hoverboards floor is affixed with a...
- PERFECT FOR ALL RIDERS - This hoverboard isn’t just for adults! 8.5 inch offroad rubber tires for all terrains, provide a smooth and stable riding experience. It’s for riders of all sizes and able...
- EASY LEARN AND CONTROL - GOTRAX self-balancing scooter is equipped with the self-balancing control system to go straight, make a turn, rotate for 360 degrees locally and is operated at will.
- RIDE WITH SAFETY: Comply with US UL Certified. Maximum Load: 180lbs Lithium Battery
- NONE-SLIP FOOT PAD: Our None-Slip Footpad is thicker and more durable. It will give you better stability and traction experience while riding.
- LED HEADLIGHT: High intensity headlights make travel safer and more fun.
- BUILT IN SPEAKER: A wireless speaker is the coolest one with extraordinary sound effect.
- SELF-BALANCING: The electric hoverboard features self-balancing technology for easy and quick learning. You will be enjoying this kids hoverboard in seconds even if you are just a beginner.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2022-07-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
It should also be noted that like range and speed, battery life varies depending on the model. Some hoverboards start beeping after one hour, while others last for more than three hours on one charge.
Aside from the brand, other factors that affect the life of a hoverboard battery include;
- Speed: Riding at high speeds will deplete the battery faster than riding a hoverboard at a slower speed.
- Weather conditions: Batteries tend to drain faster if the temperatures are high.
- Weight: A heavy device coupled with a heavy rider will cause the battery to drain quickly.
- Handling: Like any other electronic device, rough handling causes depletion of the battery.
- Terrain: Rough surfaces and steep inclines cause a hoverboard to use more power.
A hoverboard battery can last anywhere between 8 miles to 20 miles when used under average conditions. This is an equivalent of 1-4 hours, which varies depending on weight, speed, and model.
The variation in battery life necessitates the need for one to consider the above factors before making a purchase.
Hoverboard Battery Life: Tips to Boost Longevity
Even when you have the best hoverboard battery, the fact is that its performance will be great at first then diminish with time. In other words, battery capacity reduces with continued use.
So how do you boost the longevity of something that’s doomed to stop working eventually?
The first thing you should NEVER allow the batteries to drain out completely. If the powers drop to 20%, stop using the hoverboard, and recharge it.
You should ensure that the battery is at 100% before using the hoverboard again. Letting the battery drain out completely once a month may be good.
This helps calibrate the ability of the battery to tell you how many remains of its life. You should consider bringing your charger along if you use the hoverboard to commute to work or school.
This ensures the batteries don’t die and helps you avoid walking home. Something else you should be careful not to do is overcharge the battery.
Take it off the charger as soon as it reaches 100% and only put it back when you get the ‘battery low’ sign. Avoid letting the hoverboard sit for too long on a full load.
This reduces the overall lifespan of the battery. Charging the hoverboard when the weather is freezing or hot should be avoided. It will cause damage to critical electronic components such as the battery and circuit board.
Other tips to boost battery longevity include:
- Don’t leave your hoverboard charging unattended
- Always use the original charger
- Don’t modify the device to give out increased power
- Avoid using a hoverboard with damaged batteries since they can easily explode
- Store and charge your hoverboard while placed on a non-flammable surface
- Don’t leave your hoverboard charging and go to sleep
How Long Does a Hoverboard Battery Last?: Conclusion
As previously mentioned, a good hoverboard can last anywhere between 1-4 hours on a single charge. This depends on the brand, weather conditions, speed, weight of device & user, handling, and terrain.
The overall longevity is a whole other matter that mainly depends on the manufacturer. However, regular maintenance can also boost longevity.
Please adhere to the tips provided above to ensure optimal battery performance and increase its life.
Who am I? A Montessori educator.
What a pleasure to recognize and interpret each child’s needs!
How exciting to help children become self-reliant and support them in their process of self-development.
I am also truly passionate about guiding adults in building their relationship with children.