As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When you’re picking bounce houses, either for business purpose or for your personal use, choosing the right kind is always confusing. While commercial and regular bounce houses tend to have their own positive and negative effects, they are equally used in the markets.
With a little knowledge about their features, you can easily make up your mind and choose which one suits your purpose best. In the end, you can finally conclude why commercial bounce houses differ than the regular ones.
What Are Commercial Bounce Houses?
Bounce houses that are made on a large scale budget, weighing more than the usual, due to heavy-duty vinyl inside them are commercial bounce houses. These naturally fit in a large space and are mainly used in amusement parks.
They are usually made in the shapes of large castles, towers and even bridges that are often very tall. The weight of the vinyl contained inside is the reason why they are so expensive.
Apart from their expenses, they are quite durable than the regular ones and thus a one-time purchase option. They are usually not the option for those who want to procure bounce houses for residential purposes.
Regular Bounce Houses
By ordinary bounce houses, we mean the bounce houses you regularly see in the birthday parties or school events and those that occupy small space.
These are usually made on a small budget and contain polyester or nylon which makes it less heavy than the commercial ones. They are durable to some extent, but the quality is not as high as the commercial ones.
Amusement parks also use regular bounce houses, especially the ones with a low budget. They are usually the primary options for small commercial endeavors which are still very fresh and cannot invest in a commercial bounce house due to lack of finance, or those who require bounce houses for residential purpose only.
Features of Regular Bounce Houses
Down below is a list of features that a bounce house must or should have. Wanna know what those features are? Keep reading to find out.
Regular bounce houses are made of polyester in most cases and high-quality nylon nowadays. These are cheaper options which fulfill the prerequisite of having elasticity in the texture of the fabric which makes the house bounce and are good alternatives to vinyl.
Nylon is preferred for its greater fabric density which plays an important role in establishing its durability.
Regular bounce houses are cheaper alternatives to commercial ones because nylon and polyester are available locally and can thus be used efficiently for manufacturing bounce houses. They are easily accessible in the market starting from 200$ and ranging to 500$.
Nylon is more durable compared to polyester, but the lasting finish isn’t up to the standards of vinyl which is used in the commercial ones. They last a good 1-2 years without external damage.
Polyester bounce houses are preferred in residences where they have swimming pools, water slides, water parks, etc.
It is mainly because polyester is resistant to water and nylon is not. For this reason, using nylon in those places tend to decrease the strength of the nylon fiber, making it less durable. So nylon is preferred in indoor settings.
Features of A Commercial Bounce House
So, these are the features that must be kept in mind while purchasing your bounce house for commercial use.
Commercial bounce houses are made up of fine quality fabric which is much stronger compared to the regular ones. The content is heavy-duty vinyl mixed at an average composition of 7.5 ounces, 12 ounces and 18 ounces of PVC to make the fiber strong yet easy to move.
Heavy-duty vinyl at a high concentration is very costly and is not preferred for indoor purposes. The cost exceeds 800$ and may go up to 1200$ in some cases.
The advantages of using PVC is that it is a far better option than nylon or polyester. It is tensile, reliable, has a high density and is water resistant. It is not possible to be torn and withstands massive amounts of pressure.
Therefore, it serves as a durable option for bounce houses and will last 5 or 6 years quite effectively.
Commercial bounce houses being durable and cost-ineffective are only suitable to be used in large scale projects. These include permanent or long term use in amusement parks and children projects with high fundraising.
They are usually avoided for residential purposes due to their substantial weight and high cost. The heavy load makes it difficult to move from one place to another and is thus not a suitable option for most people who require it on a regular basis.
Advantages of Regular Bounce Houses
- A comparison is highly required when the target is distinct and clear. If you are purchasing for your regular use, indoor and outdoor functions, and personal services then a regular one will do the job quite adequately. A commercial one in such a case would be quite a waste.
- Regular bounce houses are a few feet high and weigh less than commercial bounce houses and are easy for consistent handling and transportation.
Disadvantages of Regular Bounce Houses
- In terms of safety, slide stoppers are not available in regular bounce houses. It makes them less safe to use especially in the presence of young children.
- Regular bounce houses made of nylon are not water resistant whereas those made of polyester are water resistant allowing them to be explicitly used.
- They are also sensitive to high pressure which makes them less strong to wear and tear and less durable.
Advantages of Commercial Bounce Houses
- In the case of rental services, and business facilities, permanent installments in parks and storefronts, a commercial bounce house would be highly required. In such purposes, the option should be a long lasting and more durable one.
- Commercial bounce houses weigh the size of 2-3 regular ones and are at least 10 feet tall. They are best suited for permanent installments where frequent moving is not required.
- The commercial ones always have slide stoppers and are safer to use.
- Commercial ones contain a base coating of vinyl and top layers of PVC making them more resistant to pressure, water and damage.
Disadvantages of Commercial Bounce Houses
- This is not a good option if you are looking for a temporary business purpose.
- The commercial bounce house is bulky and thus makes it challenging to be moved frequently.
- It is not a good option for indoor usage.
Coming to an end, it is quite obvious by now how regular bounce houses are better for residential activities than commercial ones. Weighing the pros and pros and cons of both the bounce houses, it can be easily identified which one serves as a better option for people with individual budgets and purposes.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Last Updated on