As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Toddlers are pretty difficult to contain in one place thanks to their love for exploring. Investing in the best toddler chair can help keep them in one place without necessarily getting bored. Colorful chairs with fun playthings will certainly occupy your child for a while. Most models are also great for feeding and studying. They help lift moods and keep your child engaged.
Choosing the best toddler lounge chair is not an easy task. You risk affecting your child’s posture if the chair doesn’t have the right posture. Additionally, not all chairs are ideal for outdoor or indoor use. So how do you know you’re making the right choice for your loved one?!
In this post, we tell you how to choose a toddler chair and review the best models on the market.
Why Have a Special Chair?
Toddlers chairs are low to the ground and as such, there is minimal risk of your child falling out and hurting themselves.
Because they are incredibly versatile pieces of furniture, kids chairs can be used for coloring, feeding, playing, crafts and more.
A toddler’s chair gives our child his very own place that cannot be used by anyone else.
Special chairs for children give them room to gain independence when they do puzzles, color pictures or even read books on their own.
Toddlers get used to structure and this prepares them for the future, particularly preschool.
Chairs that can be used both indoors and outdoors are great for family events like barbecues. Your child will love playing in them as the adults celebrate in their own way.
Best Kids Chair Reviews:
1. Keet Roundy Kid’s Chair Gingham
If you are looking for a toddler chair with a traditional design, the Keet Roundy Chair is a top contender. The model is available in multiple colors to suit varying style preferences. It is reliable, built to last and incredibly comfortable.
Highlights include strong and sturdy legs that can support your child’s weight with minimal risk of toppling over. While recommended for children aged 2-5 years, the chair is still sturdy enough for older kids.
Designed for both boys and girls, this chair boasts a classical elegant with mixed lines and fine texture. Its high density foam on the seat and armrests boosts comfort. The chair is made from a beautiful Gingham fabric and a sturdy wooden frame.
At 24” wide and 17” high, this armchair offers plenty of room for your child to play and relax. Cleaning is easy since all you need is light dishwashing soap and warm water.
- Weight limit of 12.6 kgs
- Age limit of 18 months to 5 years
- Made from gingham, a fabric woven from cotton
- Easy to clean
- Cozy and comfortable foam covering
- Wooden frame
2. Flash Furniture Green Plastic Stackable School Chair
Available as a single or pack of ten chairs, the Flash Furniture Green Plastic Stackable School Chair is an incredible choice for older toddlers. It is made of a contoured one-piece shell without any metal parts. This makes it sturdier and safer for your kids than most chairs.
The chair is designed for kindergarten and pre-school sized children who need to develop proper sitting habits. It is lightweight and easy for your kid to move it around. It has a weight limit of 154 pounds, which is pretty incredible for a toddler’s chair.
You can stack up to ten of these chairs, making storage easy. The chair comes in different primary colors to suit varying style preferences, and promote early childhood development. It is made from a propylene plastic shell that is wear resistant.
- No metal parts to prevent accidental injuries
- 154-pound weight limit
- Made from propylene plastic shell
- Contoured one-piece shell
- Available in primary colors
- Promotes proper sitting habits
3. Flash Furniture Contemporary Green Vinyl Kids Recliner
If you are looking for a comfortable chair to put in your child’s room, the Contemporary Green Vinyl Kids Recliner by Flash Furniture is an excellent choice. It is a kid-sized recliner that boasts plush padding for the ultimate comfort. It offers a great place to relax while playing video games, reading a book or watching TV.
The chair is very sturdy thanks to a solid hardwood frame. Other design features include soft padding and durable vinyl upholstery. The built-in cup holder allows for your kid to free up his hands. It also helps prevent spills.
Flash Furniture did a great job of ensuring your child’s safety when using this chair. They used CA117 fire retardant foam. In addition, the chair only reclines when sat on. The footrest pulls out to provide added comfort.
- Raised legs design
- CA117 fire retardant foam
- Solid hardwood frame
- 90-pounds weight capacity
- Built-in cup holder
- Durable vinyl upholstery
- Safety recliner and footrest
4. Melissa & Doug Child’s Armchair Denim Children’s Furniture
The Melissa & Doug Child’s Armchair is a sturdy and highly functional chair designed for kids. It is a great size for kindergarten-sized children. The chair offers plenty of space for your child to relax and play around. It blends well with the overall décor in the playroom or living room.
Available in three colors, this chair is padded to provide optimal comfort and upholstered with denim. It is built with a sturdy frame to hold kids up to 3 years and last a long time. If your child loves snuggling with a stuffed animal or their favorite book, this is the perfect gift.
- Weight limit of 100 pounds
- Age limit of 3 years
- Comes in three colors
- Upholstered with denim fabric
- Padded backrest, seat and armrest for optimal comfort
- Hardwood frame
5. Urban Shop Faux Fur Saucer Chair
Available in 11 colors, the Urban Shop Faux Fur Saucer Chair is an incredibly comfortable chair ideal for indoor and outdoor use. The strong metal frame provides ample support for your child and ensures longevity while the pure polyester fur fabric offers comfort. You can open the chair for use or fold it for compact storage.
The chair doesn’t require any assembling, making it a great choice for those who are always on the move. It blends well with existing décor in the living room or bedroom. The chair’s cozy design makes it a great choice for different purposes.
Perhaps the best thing about this chair is that it grows with your child. It is also capable of accommodating a petite adult without risk of toppling. The fur is high quality, soft on the skin and easy to clean.
- Strong metal frame
- Up to 11 color options
- Pure polyester fur fabric
- Super comfortable, cozy saucer design
6. Sweet Seats Pink Owl Children’s Chair
This chair is available in more than 10 variations including Curious George, Blue Bear, Teal Unicorn, Clifford Monkey, Pink Bear and Gray Elephant. It is the perfect addition to your little girl’s room. It offers a comfortable and cozy place to snuggle, read and play.
The chair is well made and offers ample support for children aged 18+ months. It is quite sturdy and designed to handle everyday use. The soft foam lining and plush exterior eliminate hard edges and sharp corners that may cause injuries.
The cover of this chair can be removed for easy cleaning. The chair is carefully crafted with a sturdy frame, dimensional features, soft yet sturdy design, plush fabrics, sweet expressions and embroidery. It fits well with the décor too.
- More than 10 design options to choose from
- Perfect for girl’s bedroom
- Soft and sturdy design
- Super comfortable foam padding
- Plush exterior
7. Delta Children Upholstered Chair, Disney/Pixar Cars
Delta Children is known for providing quality children’s furniture. One of their best offers is the Delta Children Upholstered Disney/Pixie Cars Chair. Designed for children aged 3-6 years, it is the perfect addition to a boy’s room.
It has a weight limit of 100 pounds, which is pretty incredible for a children’s chair. It features foam padding on the backrest, armrest and seat to provide lasting comfort. The hardwood frame offers ample support without risk of toppling.
There are storage pockets on the sides that can be used for art supplies, small toys and other playthings. All you need to do to clean it up is wipe it clean with mild soap and water. The chair is designed to provide optimal safety, and it exceeds all safety standards set by the CPSC.
- Recommended for children aged 3-6 years
- Holds 100 pounds
- Easy to clean with mild soap and water
- Padded seat
- Hardwood frame
- Colorful pixar cars graphics
8. Big Joe Cuddle Chair
Next up is the Big Joe Cuddle Chair, a kid-size sofa that boasts an elegant design. It is incredibly sophisticated in terms of style and offers great comfort for your toddler. The chair is available in many colors, and can be used either indoors or outdoors.
It is made using SmartMax fabric, which long lasting, tear resistant, stain resistant, water resistant and easy to clean. The fabric is filled with UltimaX beans that conform to your child’s body and not the other way around. All things considered, it offers a lot of comfort.
The chair has double stitches to ensure longevity. The double zipper closures provide an extra layer of strength and safety.
- Filled with UtimaX beans
- Double stitching & double zippers for strength and safety
- Made with SmartMax fabric
- Multiple colors to choose from
- Environment friendly design with recyclable beans
9. Flash Furniture Contemporary Brown Leather Kids Recliner
This is another incredible recliner designed for use by children. Available in eleven colors, the Flash Furniture Contemporary Kids Recliner boasts a sturdy build with a solid hardwood frame. The brown leather upholstery is soft on the skin, and resistant to wear and tear.
It features plush padding to provide endless hours of comfort. The oversized headrest has an additional cover, and it does a great job of providing added support. One of the armrests has a built-in cup holder for holding beverages and minimizing spills. It also frees up a busy hand for painting or playing.
Cleaning the upholstery is easy with a damp cloth. As for safety, the padding used is made from CA117 fire retardant form. The raised plastic legs hold their own. This chair has an elegant design that blends well with other pieces of furniture in the room.
- Weight limit of 90 pounds
- Brown leather upholstery
- Plush padding for added comfort
- Raised black plastic legs
- Solid hardwood frame
- Cup holder in the armrest
- Oversized headrest
10. Keet Roundy Rocking Kid’s Chair
Concluding our list is the Keet Roundy Rocking Kid’s Chair, which is perfect for lulling your toddler to sleep. Like most Keet chairs, it is made from durable Gingham fabric. It resistant to wear, tear and water. This upholstery has great texture and is soft on the skin.
The chair is built to last long. In addition to durable upholstery, it features a solid wooden frame for added strength, stability and durability.
Another major highlight is the rocking wooden legs, which give this kid-sized chair a real furniture look. The high density foam provides comfortable seating. This chair is available in assorted colors to suit different style preferences.
Maintenance is easy since all you need to do is spot clean regularly with mild soap and warm water.
- Made with gingham fabric woven from cotton
- Variety of colors available
- Rocking wooden legs for soothing anxiety
- High density foam padding for extra comfort
- Strong wooden frame
The Perfect Kids Chair – Buying Guide
Here are the important factors to consider when choosing the best kids chair:
- Material: Toddler chairs are made from a variety of materials. Some are made purely of plastic, others combine fabric with fillings, and others are made from wood and plastic. Depending on your child’s age and style preference, go for a material combination that is easy to maintain.
- Size: A good chair allows your toddler’s feet to touch the floor and provides ample back support. It makes it possible for a child to get off without help. Consider your child’s height in relation to the size of the chair when comparing different models.
- Assembly: Another important factor to consider is ease of assembling. Choose something that requires minimal effort and doesn’t take up too much time. Some toddler reading chair sets come with chairs and all you need to do is put on the table legs.
- Age: Many manufacturers provide a recommended age when designing toddler chairs. Anything beyond the recommended age poses serious safety concerns. And while some brands don’t indicate a recommended age, it’s an important consideration to make during your purchase. Talk to store attendants about the best age ranges for different chairs before making a final decision.
- Style: Like any other piece of furniture, the best kid’s chair should blend in with the overall décor of your home. It is also important that you consider your toddler’s style and color preferences. If he loves DC Universe, a superman or ironman chair that fits in with your décor will be a great choice.
- Stability: This is an integral safety consideration that should not be ignored. The chair should be able to support your child’s weight for extended periods of time. Consider your child’s weight and the weight limit of the chair.
- Versatility: The ability to use a toddler chair for more than one purpose can save you lots of money. Chairs that convert from booster seats to high chairs. Some chairs are designed to adapt to your child’s needs as he keeps growing.
Which Type of Chair to Select for Your Children
Toddler chairs come in different types including. Here’s a quick list of the most popular types you can find on the market today:
- High chairs: These are designed to give your toddler a seat at the dinner table. Most come with a durable plastic tray that serves as an eating surface. It makes cleaning spills easier. Many high chairs have a foldable design and some even have a few built-in activity features to keep your child busy.
- Baby bath seats: They provide support when giving your baby a bath. Like high chairs, some baby bath seats are foldable and others come with activity features. They come in varying shapes and sizes to accommodate children of different ages, sizes and weights.
- Baby activity chairs: Whether they come in the form of baby walkers or floor seats, all activity chairs have one thing in common. They are designed to provide a fun and challenging activity to occupy your child. They are perfect for when you want to get a few things done. Most come with recommended ages and this is important because as your child grows older, he’ll need more to keep him mentally challenged.
- Strollers: These are as much for the parents as they are for the baby. As the name suggests, baby strollers make it easy for parents to bring along their toddlers when they get out of the house. They come in many shapes and sizes, and some collapse for easy storage. You’ll need to be mindful of the weight and age limitations when purchasing one.
- Toilet training seats: They are designed to help your baby master the art of using a “grown-up” toilet. Standalone toilet training seats are self-contained and seat next to the toilet. Toilet booster seats come with handles and footstool. They attach to a full-sized toilet and have a smaller opening in the middle to accommodate your child’s size.
- Kids foam chairs: These are made from foam and provide functional yet comfortable seating for your toddler. They come in the form of sofa, lounge, reclining or rocking chairs. If you are looking for something to put in your child’s room, this is a perfect option.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What safety concerns should I keep in mind when using toddler chairs?
Put the chair in an empty corner where it’s far from anything that may harm your child. You want to ensure you can hear and see your kid. Place the chair on a soft surface, probably a carpet, to prevent slipping. It also helps a great deal when your toddler takes a tumble. Keep their playthings within reach to encourage independence. Other safety measures include covering electric outlets, turning off electronics, avoiding heaters and laying down a few ground rules.
2. Is it possible to customize children’s furniture?
There are many ways you can customize your child’s furniture to suit your needs. If your child loves art, you can drill holes into an area of the table to hold paintbrushes and art supplies. Hanging a bag can create storage space for toys, books and more. If you are changing your home’s décor, contact paper will eliminate the need to purchase a new toddler chair while promoting its longevity.
3. Care to provide any maintenance tips for toddler furniture?Sure. Clean your toddler’s chair, protect it from extreme temperatures, move it carefully to preserve joints, and use the right cleaning solvents. You may also want to keep your child from jumping up and down on the chair.
4. Are there any benefits to purchasing a toddler chair?
A: Plenty. Toddler chairs promote independence and give your child their own place. In addition, they encourage proper sitting habits. Some models are incredibly versatile, allowing for indoor and outdoor use.
5. How do I choose the right chair for my child?
A good toddler chair should be lightweight, easy to assemble, sturdy and stable, easy to clean and maintain. Look for safety ratings from organizations such as Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) and watchdog groups.
The best toddler chair provides optimal comfort and keeps your child comfortable for long periods of time.
However, it is important that you consider your child’s needs when purchasing a chair to ensure you choose the most suitable model.
All the models reviewed above are a good place to start and designed to last long.
The Keet Roundy Kid’s Chair is our favorite since it combines traditional design with ultimate comfort and safety. It is also durable and upholstered with a fabric that blends with most décor themes.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.
Last Updated on