Back Handspring on the Trampoline ? The back handspring is one of the basic building blocks for a number of gymnasts as well as for the cheerleading routines.
If you are interested in doing a back handspring, you should have a proper strength in your upper body, especially in the shoulders and arms.
Before you can do a back handspring, you should try a backbend, a back walkover, and a handstand. Only after this, you should start practicing with a trampoline.
During the back handspring, you have to jump backward and land on the hands and kick over your head. This is most commonly seen in gymnastics, but the other martial artists and athletes can also do it.
One of the most critical elements of playing a back handspring is conquering your fear.
Though it might look difficult in the beginning, with proper training and practice, you will be able to do it confidently and without any hassle.
How To Do A Back Handspring on the Trampoline?
Keeping a Proper Form
In order to get over your fear of a back handspring, the first thing that you have to do is learn to maintain a proper and appropriate form.
The flips of gymnastics are known to have different variations, but in case of a back handspring, the form remains consistent. You have to bring the feet together while raising the hands up in the air.
Next, you have to maintain a form, which depicts that you are trying to sit on a chair that is invisible. Then you have to jump backward and keep your hands close to your head.
Ensure that your legs are together and you have to kick them over the head until you are back, standing.
The trampoline tracks are buoyant, thereby allowing you to perform a back handspring without putting in much effort.
Trampolines are found in almost all the backyards now, and you can also visit a gymnastic school or a recreational facility to practice a back handspring.
When you use trampoline tracks, you can easily create the complex sequences, which require a complete concentration and commitment.
Steps to do a Back Handspring
The trampoline helps in amplifying the acrobatic skill of a tumbler or a gymnast.
If you learn to do a backward handspring on a trampoline, you can refine your form and isolate all the problems that are present in your technique off back handspring.
Step 1: Firstly, you have to stand on your trampoline and try to generate a tiny bounce. If you are using the trampoline alone, you should stand towards the edge of the apparatus instead of standing near the center.
Keep bouncing until you can nullify the gravity. However, ensure that you do not leave the surface of the trampoline. There is no need to jump high up in the air.
Step 2: After this, try to position yourself as if you are sitting on a stool. Soon as you approach the lowest point of the bounce, you have to bend the legs at an angle similar to 90° while keeping the back straight.
Next, you have to fall back on the rear end when you can start feeling the momentum pulling you backward.
Step 3: Stand up again and generate a similar bounce. Try to reposition yourself on your trampoline as you get a knowledge of how much you can bend backward.
Get back into the similar sitting position and as you feel being pulled backward, throw your arms over the head into the air.
Step 4: Jump backward to the handstand position by using up the momentum from the bounce as well as the motion of falling that had been generated by The invisible stool or chair.
Try to keep a huge stance with the hands so that you can support your own weight.
Step 5: You can imagine a ball that hovers over the head. Your duty is to try and kick the ball when you are in an upside down position.
Ensure that your legs are close by so that you can whip them down to the surface of the trampoline while completing the entire rotation.
Keep in mind that if you kick the ball fast, you will be able to bring back your legs down to the surface of the trampoline mat and support the body weight without any effort.
Step 6: After this, you have to bring back your upper body to one-hundred and eighty degrees. Now you have to sweep the arms in front of your body and over the head so that you can nullify the remaining momentum.
If you follow these steps, you can easily do a back handspring without any effort. Also, if you are new to do this, trying it with a trampoline is the best option.
Even an experienced gymnast performs back handsprings on a trampoline so that they do not get hurt in any manner when they are performing it on the ground.
Trampolines: Best Sellers On Amazon
- 【Ultimate Bounce Trampoline】Super bounce and much more superior weight capacity. Reinforced trampoline jumping mat uses heavy-duty stitching technology to provide longer service life and better...
- 【Huge Weight Capacity】The large outdoor trampoline has a capacity of 8-10 kids. Note: The alone user maximum weight does not exceed 264LBS, for prevent injuries caused by uneven strength on the...
- 【All About Safety】All our 15ft trampolines are thoroughly tested for safety and durability, and equipped with 6 W-shaped big foot pipes, more foot pipes disperses more gravity from users
- 【360° Safety Protection Net】This 15ft trampoline with enclosure equipped with safety enclosure net made of high-strength nylon. The safety enclosure net is connected with the spring cover mat to...
- 【Reinforced Steel Frame】The frame of our 15FT trampoline with net consists of heavy-duty galvanized steel, rust-resistant springs and thickened 6 W-shaped legs, increasing frame stability and...
- 🏀SAFETY FIRST - This 16FT trampoline with enclosures features a 360-degree safety net that is securely attached to the jumping mat all the way around, reducing the risk of an arm or leg falling...
- 🏀PREMIUM BOUNCING EXPERIENCE - High-strength trampoline mat woven together that can handle constant flexing, making it durable and soft on your feet. 108 galvanized springs evenly stretched around...
- 🏀STABLE & DURABLE - Heavy gauge galvanized steel frame forms 6 W-shaped legs to provide a stable base for the jumping zone. The joins are press-fitted onto each frame piece to reduce frame noise...
- 🏀ASSEMBLE EASILY - All accessories included, packed in 3 bags. Trampoline frame and Jumping mat, Safety enclosure net, Trampoline Safety Pad, Trampoline Rain Cover, U-shaped Wind Stakes,...
- 🏀WORRY-FREE PURCHASE - All testing approved. Perfect gift for your kids and keep them busy. And please note that the packages will come in 3 boxes separately, they may not be shipped together....
- 🌟Premium Bouncing Experience High-strength trampoline mat woven together that able to handle constant flexing, making it durable and soft on your feet. 72 galvanized springs evenly stretched around...
- 🌟Careful Care We this recreational trampolines is equipped with a full-size safety cover pad and is fixed by high-quality elastic bands to protect your children from any potential injuries while...
- 🌟Built with Durability Heavy gauge galvanized steel frame forms 6 W-shaped legs provide stable base for the jumping zone. The joins are press-fitted onto each frame piece to reduce frame noise and...
- 🌟Fun Features Jumping is more fun by adding a basketball goal, which will keep your kids busy all day.
- 🌟Assembly Details We have designed this trampoline to be as easy as possible to assemble,we recommend two or more people for assembly. Quick tip: view the assembly sequence to reduce the...
- All our trampolines are tested for safety and durability to meet or exceed all American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM) standards, creating a safe trampoline where children can thrive.
- PATENTED DESIGN: Our patented no-gap enclosure eliminates dangerous gaps between the enclosure net and the jumping surface, protecting children from pinch points and openings (Patent RE45, 182).
- DURABILITY: Enjoy endless family fun on your trampoline with the support of a galvanized steel frame that is weather and rust resistant. All our trampolines feature reinforced T-sockets at each leg...
- MAXIMUM USER WEIGHT: We thoroughly test our products according to ASTM standards. The maximum recommended user weight for this trampoline is 200 lbs. Per ASTM standards, our trampolines are tested to...
- WARRANTY: Skywalker Trampolines stands behind our quality guarantee with our 3-year limited warranty on the frame and our 1-year limited warranty on all other materials.
- Have Fun from Home: When don’t kids have a big smile on their face when jumping on a trampoline? Bring one home and turn your blank backyard into an exciting playground filled with the sound of...
- Why Choose the SONGMICS Trampoline? It has a fully galvanized steel base with a plastic-sprayed surface for rust resistance, 6 sturdy W-shaped legs for better durability, and 6.5” strong, anti-rust...
- Play with Peace of Mind: It also has a superior dense mesh for the enclosure net with a height of 70.9”, a 15 mm thick, wear-resistant, and anti-UV spring cover pad, and each rod is padded with...
- More Fun to Come: Here’s the frosting on the cake: this high-quality trampoline comes with a basketball hoop, which brings more fun as your kids jump, shoot, and dunk
- What You Get: A 15ft trampoline with a maximum load capacity of 331 lb, a basketball hoop, a foot mat, a ladder, an accessory kit, and detailed instructions. This trampoline will be shipped in 3...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2023-03-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Who am I? A Montessori educator.
What a pleasure to recognize and interpret each child’s needs!
How exciting to help children become self-reliant and support them in their process of self-development.
I am also truly passionate about guiding adults in building their relationship with children.