Back Handspring on the Trampoline ? The back handspring is one of the basic building blocks for a number of gymnasts as well as for the cheerleading routines.
If you are interested in doing a back handspring, you should have a proper strength in your upper body, especially in the shoulders and arms.
During the back handspring, you have to jump backward and land on the hands and kick over your head. This is most commonly seen in gymnastics, but the other martial artists and athletes can also do it.
One of the most critical elements of playing a back handspring is conquering your fear.
Though it might look difficult in the beginning, with proper training and practice, you will be able to do it confidently and without any hassle.
How To Do A Back Handspring on the Trampoline?
Keeping a Proper Form
In order to get over your fear of a back handspring, the first thing that you have to do is learn to maintain a proper and appropriate form.
The flips of gymnastics are known to have different variations, but in case of a back handspring, the form remains consistent. You have to bring the feet together while raising the hands up in the air.
Next, you have to maintain a form, which depicts that you are trying to sit on a chair that is invisible. Then you have to jump backward and keep your hands close to your head.
Ensure that your legs are together and you have to kick them over the head until you are back, standing.
The trampoline tracks are buoyant, thereby allowing you to perform a back handspring without putting in much effort.
Trampolines are found in almost all the backyards now, and you can also visit a gymnastic school or a recreational facility to practice a back handspring.
When you use trampoline tracks, you can easily create the complex sequences, which require a complete concentration and commitment.
Steps to do a Back Handspring
The trampoline helps in amplifying the acrobatic skill of a tumbler or a gymnast.
If you learn to do a backward handspring on a trampoline, you can refine your form and isolate all the problems that are present in your technique off back handspring.
Step 1: Firstly, you have to stand on your trampoline and try to generate a tiny bounce. If you are using the trampoline alone, you should stand towards the edge of the apparatus instead of standing near the center.
Keep bouncing until you can nullify the gravity. However, ensure that you do not leave the surface of the trampoline. There is no need to jump high up in the air.
Step 2: After this, try to position yourself as if you are sitting on a stool. Soon as you approach the lowest point of the bounce, you have to bend the legs at an angle similar to 90° while keeping the back straight.
Next, you have to fall back on the rear end when you can start feeling the momentum pulling you backward.
Step 3: Stand up again and generate a similar bounce. Try to reposition yourself on your trampoline as you get a knowledge of how much you can bend backward.
Get back into the similar sitting position and as you feel being pulled backward, throw your arms over the head into the air.
Step 4: Jump backward to the handstand position by using up the momentum from the bounce as well as the motion of falling that had been generated by The invisible stool or chair.
Try to keep a huge stance with the hands so that you can support your own weight.
Step 5: You can imagine a ball that hovers over the head. Your duty is to try and kick the ball when you are in an upside down position.
Ensure that your legs are close by so that you can whip them down to the surface of the trampoline while completing the entire rotation.
Keep in mind that if you kick the ball fast, you will be able to bring back your legs down to the surface of the trampoline mat and support the body weight without any effort.
Step 6: After this, you have to bring back your upper body to one-hundred and eighty degrees. Now you have to sweep the arms in front of your body and over the head so that you can nullify the remaining momentum.
If you follow these steps, you can easily do a back handspring without any effort. Also, if you are new to do this, trying it with a trampoline is the best option.
Even an experienced gymnast performs back handsprings on a trampoline so that they do not get hurt in any manner when they are performing it on the ground.
Trampolines: Best Sellers On Amazon
- 【ASTM Approved & Curved Poles】Our backyard trampolines are ASTM certified. We maintain a safe distance between the curved trampoline poles and the enclosure net to prevent any user from hitting...
- 【Gapless & Tightly-woven Enclosure】The no-gaps design reduces the risk of accidental injuries, ensuring a consistent and enjoyable bouncing experience. The tightly-woven polyethylene enclosure net...
- 【Durable Frames & Legs】Our outdoor trampolines have galvanized stainless steel frames, ensuring durability, weather resistance, and rust prevention. Supported by four evenly spaced W-shaped legs,...
- 【Considerate Design Elements】Our 12ft trampoline has 72 strong springs for powerful bouncing and includes a ladder and durable double-sided zippers for safe and easy access.
- 【Packed in One Box】One box contains all parts for our recreational trampolines, reducing wait time and the chance of missing accessories. Enjoy quick installation and immediate jumping fun.
- 🏃【Active&Interesting】Bring a brand new way of entertaining to your energetic and tireless children. Let safe jumping exercise improve kids' coordination, balance, and cardiovascular health. Our...
- 🏃【Safety First】When it comes to children, parents always pay their most attention to confirm the safety issues. This trampoline consists of 54 sturdy and flexible springs, combined with a...
- 🏃【Excellent Structure and Materials】The mainframe of the trampoline is supported by high-quality galvanized steel, with a load-bearing capacity of 220 pounds, which can fully hold the unlimited...
- 🏃【Careful Care】We this trampoline is equipped with a full-size safety cover pad and is fixed by high-quality elastic bands to protect your children from any potential injuries while playing....
- 🏃【Easy Setup】Easy installation with step-by-step instructions. Our 10FT trampoline assembled dimensions: 10'x 9.48'(Feet).
- 👉【ASTM Safety Certified】: Safety always is top priority,Our kid trampoline is made up of high quality stainless steel and various accessories. The trampoline have been tested and approved with...
- 👉【Safety Protection Portfolio】The safety protection combination is around the trampoline. It is a safety fence made of high strength nylon. The safety fence combines with steel pipe perfectly...
- 👉【High Elasticity Heavy Jumping Pad】Our trampoline is wrapped in 60 high-tension steel springs(8FT 48pcs / 12FT 72pcs/14FT 72pcs) , providing a very strong elasticity for the exercise...
- 👉【Strong Frame Structure】Our trampoline is made of stainless steel frame. The frame is made of galvanized stainless steel. They are durable and rust resistant, and also provide longer life...
- 👉【The U-Shaped Solid Foot】There have Three U-shaped solid feet (8FT 4pcs /12FT 6pcs/14FT 6pcs )at the bottom of the trampoline, which can divide the pressure on the kid trampoline equally into...
- ✅【Stable hexagon Design】:This fitness trampoline is made of strond pp mesh ,anti-wear and tear resistant hexagon rebounding surface, thick steel pipe which is diameter 30 MM of the...
- ✅【Safer, Quieter, Soft but Strong Bounce Back】:The bungee-rope design system with 42 thickened ropes which are 0.32"(8MM) of diameter provides joint-friendly suspension, reduces noise in maximum...
- ✅【Covered Bungee Rope System Grantees Safety and Durability】：Newan mini rebounder employs Bungee Ropes as elastic devices which perform sturdily and durably. Bungee Rope is noticeably safer...
- ✅【3 Adjustable T-shaped Handle】:Designed for easy handling and safe bouncing. The foam material handlebar prevents you from flying off onto the floor. The height of handle bar can be adjusted to...
- ✅【Thickened Steel and Rubber Mat to Keep the Rebounder Stable】：Newan Adults trampoline is made of thickened steel, and designed through strict structural design. Newan Exercise trampoline has...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2023-09-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Who am I? A Montessori educator.
What a pleasure to recognize and interpret each child’s needs!
How exciting to help children become self-reliant and support them in their process of self-development.
I am also truly passionate about guiding adults in building their relationship with children.