Back Handspring on the Trampoline ? The back handspring is one of the basic building blocks for a number of gymnasts as well as for the cheerleading routines.
If you are interested in doing a back handspring, you should have a proper strength in your upper body, especially in the shoulders and arms.
During the back handspring, you have to jump backward and land on the hands and kick over your head. This is most commonly seen in gymnastics, but the other martial artists and athletes can also do it.
One of the most critical elements of playing a back handspring is conquering your fear.
Though it might look difficult in the beginning, with proper training and practice, you will be able to do it confidently and without any hassle.
How To Do A Back Handspring on the Trampoline?
Keeping a Proper Form
In order to get over your fear of a back handspring, the first thing that you have to do is learn to maintain a proper and appropriate form.
The flips of gymnastics are known to have different variations, but in case of a back handspring, the form remains consistent. You have to bring the feet together while raising the hands up in the air.
Next, you have to maintain a form, which depicts that you are trying to sit on a chair that is invisible. Then you have to jump backward and keep your hands close to your head.
Ensure that your legs are together and you have to kick them over the head until you are back, standing.
The trampoline tracks are buoyant, thereby allowing you to perform a back handspring without putting in much effort.
Trampolines are found in almost all the backyards now, and you can also visit a gymnastic school or a recreational facility to practice a back handspring.
When you use trampoline tracks, you can easily create the complex sequences, which require a complete concentration and commitment.
Steps to do a Back Handspring
The trampoline helps in amplifying the acrobatic skill of a tumbler or a gymnast.
If you learn to do a backward handspring on a trampoline, you can refine your form and isolate all the problems that are present in your technique off back handspring.
Step 1: Firstly, you have to stand on your trampoline and try to generate a tiny bounce. If you are using the trampoline alone, you should stand towards the edge of the apparatus instead of standing near the center.
Keep bouncing until you can nullify the gravity. However, ensure that you do not leave the surface of the trampoline. There is no need to jump high up in the air.
Step 2: After this, try to position yourself as if you are sitting on a stool. Soon as you approach the lowest point of the bounce, you have to bend the legs at an angle similar to 90° while keeping the back straight.
Next, you have to fall back on the rear end when you can start feeling the momentum pulling you backward.
Step 3: Stand up again and generate a similar bounce. Try to reposition yourself on your trampoline as you get a knowledge of how much you can bend backward.
Get back into the similar sitting position and as you feel being pulled backward, throw your arms over the head into the air.
Step 4: Jump backward to the handstand position by using up the momentum from the bounce as well as the motion of falling that had been generated by The invisible stool or chair.
Try to keep a huge stance with the hands so that you can support your own weight.
Step 5: You can imagine a ball that hovers over the head. Your duty is to try and kick the ball when you are in an upside down position.
Ensure that your legs are close by so that you can whip them down to the surface of the trampoline while completing the entire rotation.
Keep in mind that if you kick the ball fast, you will be able to bring back your legs down to the surface of the trampoline mat and support the body weight without any effort.
Step 6: After this, you have to bring back your upper body to one-hundred and eighty degrees. Now you have to sweep the arms in front of your body and over the head so that you can nullify the remaining momentum.
If you follow these steps, you can easily do a back handspring without any effort. Also, if you are new to do this, trying it with a trampoline is the best option.
Even an experienced gymnast performs back handsprings on a trampoline so that they do not get hurt in any manner when they are performing it on the ground.
Trampolines: Best Sellers On Amazon
- Your kid's fun and safety - Our Responsibility! For your family's safety we innovated our trampolines for kids and adults with next gen curved poles designed to protect your children from accidents or...
- Our New Patented Design - One Trampoline for Kids, Two Colors. We don't want our trampoline for kids and adults to be just fun and safe, we want it to look absolutely great too. So you never get...
- Quick & Easy to Install.You have everything you need in your Jumpzylla package: coherent, easy to read and follow installation guide, and design innovations to simplify everything. The Jumpzylla...
- Kids just wanna have fun - for a long time! We want your Jumpzylla super trampoline to look good as new for as long as possible! The frame is galvanized inside-out and the legs are powder coated for...
- The Jumpzylla New Generation Super Trampoline – We never stop innovating. Be the first to have the Jumpzylla patented, exclusive double sided spring pad - black & your favorite color added to all...
- Perfect gift for your kids and keep them busy.
- 【ASTM Approved & Curved Poles】Our backyard trampolines are ASTM certified. We maintain a safe distance between the curved trampoline poles and the enclosure net to prevent any user from hitting...
- 【With Basketball Hoop】This trampoline comes with a basketball hoop, offering a whole new way of entertainment for energetic kids. It allows children to improve their coordination and balance...
- 【Gapless & Tightly-woven Enclosure】The no-gaps design reduces the risk of accidental injuries, ensuring a consistent and enjoyable bouncing experience. The tightly-woven polyethylene enclosure net...
- 【Durable Frames & Legs】Our outdoor trampolines have galvanized stainless steel frames, ensuring durability, weather resistance, and rust prevention. Supported by four evenly spaced W-shaped legs,...
- 【Considerate Design Elements】Our 12ft trampoline has 72 strong springs for powerful bouncing and includes a ladder and durable double-sided zippers for safe and easy access.
- UNCOMPROMISED SAFETY - JoyBerri prioritizes your family's safety with lab tested, ASTM-certified trampolines. Our outwardly curved poles prevent accidental collisions, and the extra strong safety net...
- DAZZLING LED LIGHTS & OPTIONAL SPRINKLER - elevate your nighttime jumping experience with included the LED lights featuring 16 vibrant colors, 7 modes and remote control. And if you're looking for a...
- DURABLE DESIGN, MAXIMUM SUPPORT - the Joyberri trampoline boasts a durable frame made from weather resistant, rust proof galvanized steel. Secure it firmly with the the included ground stakes for...
- YEAR ROUND GIFTING DELIGHT - whether its a birthday, christmas, or just because, the JoyBerri trampoline makes a fantastic gift for kids of all ages. Surprise your loved ones with boundless fun and...
- 5 YEAR WARRANTY - at JoyBerri, we got your back. Each product undergoes rigorous quality control testing, comes with lifetime customer support and a built in 5 year warranty - so your never left...
- SAFETY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY: Our outdoor trampoline for kids and adults with basketball hoop is designed with a patented no-gap enclosure system, protecting children from pinch points and openings...
- BASKETBALL HOOP: Throw, shoot, and slam dunk with the included basketball and recreational trampoline basketball hoop on this large trampoline with net enclosure.
- DURABILITY: Enjoy endless family fun on your backyard trampoline for kids with the support of a galvanized steel frame. Thanks to the rust resistant frame, this outdoor trampoline with enclosure net...
- WEIGHT CAPACITY: This trampoline has been tested to a maximum weight capacity of 800 pounds (200 lbs ASTM standard).
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: With over 100,000 happy customers since our company was founded in 2005, Skywalker Trampolines creates heavy duty trampolines for adults and kids that provide children with fun and...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2024-02-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Who am I? A Montessori educator.
What a pleasure to recognize and interpret each child’s needs!
How exciting to help children become self-reliant and support them in their process of self-development.
I am also truly passionate about guiding adults in building their relationship with children.