How to Anchor a Trampoline Down to the Ground ? Trampolines are entertaining and fun and they are purchased for almost each and every household nowadays.
Not just fun, trampolines will allow you to lose calories without working hard.
However, the area in your backyard where your trampoline is placed can be very windy. Also, the trampoline can be prone to attacks when a heavy rain along with a storm comes.
To prevent your trampoline from flying around from one place to another, you have to secure it to the ground.
Even if the trampoline that you have purchased is seventeen feet and weighs over seven hundred pounds, a heavy wind can easily topple it.
The anchors have to be purchased when you purchase a trampoline so that you can anchor it to the ground on the first day itself.
Why Anchoring Your Trampoline is Important
All the trampolines are capable of flying around and damaging your windows if the wind is strong. Moreover, trampolines have nets and they act as sails, allowing the trampolines to be lifted easily with the wind.
Most people think that they can detach the different parts of the trampoline in order to keep their homes and surroundings safe.
But this can be an extremely tedious task to detach the parts and organize it back every time.
Plus, if a storm approaches suddenly, you will not get the time to detach the parts. This is when the use of the anchors become necessary.
Here’s How to Anchor a Trampoline Down to the Ground
Two primary methods are used for anchoring the trampolines to your ground and both these methods work equally well.
The trampoline brands manufacture the anchoring kits, which work with their different models. Anchors as well as the tie-down stakes, can twist inside the ground up to seven inches.
If your trampoline is large, you can pour cement in order to make the foundation rock-solid. This will ensure that your trampoline does not topple even when the storms are very strong.
You have to place the anchors or the stakes over the legs of the trampoline following the instructions given by the manufacturer.
Straps may be connected to the anchors or the stakes to secure the trampoline in a better manner.
If the manufacturer does not provide any information, you can strap the legs of the trampolines individually with the anchor and you will get the best results.
You have to set the stake or the anchor on the side of the leg which you want to secure.
Next, you have to twist it into the ground. After this, the strap has to be wrapped around the leg of the trampoline for a number of times before it is secured to the anchor or the stake.
Now, Time to Anchor the Trampoline Disk
After setting the anchors and the stakes to the ground, you should also ensure that the disk of the trampoline is anchored so that it remains secure.
When the wind is severe, there are chances of the top portion of the trampoline getting ripped away from the legs, and this happens when the trampoline has been installed permanently.
For this, you have to purchase droppers or star pickets. These are sold normally in metric lengths, so you should purchase the ones that are 450 mm in size.
If the area you reside in has sandy soil, you will need full-length droppers. Four contact points are required for securing the trampoline disk.
Keep in mind that no matter how nicely you have anchored your trampoline, if the weather is harsh, it can definitely blow away.
The way in which you want to anchor your trampoline completely depends on you. You can use wind stakes in your case.
Since wind stakes are buried to the ground with the help of cement binding, they will not allow the trampoline to move at all.
This is the permanent solution that you will get if you want to prevent your trampoline from flying around.
With the help of these steps, you can easily reduce the risk of your trampoline flying away and causing damage when the weather conditions are severe.
To skip accidents and prevent injuries, anchor the trampoline before your kids or you start using it. This way, you will get a safe and exciting experience.
Trampolines: Best Sellers On Amazon
- SAFTY: 16 FT Trampoline features safety enclosure and heavy gauge galvanized rust resistance steel construction with a total of 6 U-shaped legs stand evenly for added stability.
- STURDY: 108 galvanized trampoline springs securely attach the tightly woven jumping mat and frame together, wear-resistant, and anti-UV spring cover pad, and each rod is padded with thickened EPE foam
- EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE: Suitable for 3-6 kids.This high-quality trampoline comes with a basketball hoop, which brings more fun as your kids jump, shoot, and dunk
- Safety NO. 1: 72 inches height complete trampoline safety enclosure is designed to protect the user of your trampoline when bouncing. A trampoline enclosure is a must have accessory for for any...
- Safety NO. 2: 14mm thick EPE foam safety padding also helps to avoid hospital-related injuries. According to certified standards, trampolines that pass various safety tests should only qualify as a...
- Safety NO. 3: 6pcs Φ38×1.2mm galvanized "U"shape Legs for Stability, 108 pcs galvanized springs and the UV resistant high quality jumping mat offer better jumping and bouncing abilities,also ensure...
- ➤SAFETY FIRST - This 16FT trampoline with enclosures feature a 360-degree safety net that is securely attached to the jumping mat all the way around, reducing the risk of an arm or leg falling...
- ➤PREMIUM BOUNCING EXPERIENCE - High-strength trampoline mat woven together that able to handle constant flexing, making it durable and soft on your feet. 108 galvanized springs evenly stretched...
- ➤STABLE & DURABLE - Heavy gauge galvanized steel frame forms 6 W-shaped legs provide stable base for the jumping zone. The joins are press-fitted onto each frame piece to reduce frame noise and...
- 🎁【 Steel Poles with Foam Sleeves 】 This high quality 15 Ft trampoline features with heavy gauge galvanized steel poles and protective foam sleeves for added stability. 6 W-shaped foot tubes...
- 🎁【 Safety Enclosure Portfolio 】 108 Robust galvanized springs securely attach the tightly woven jumping mat and frame together. Plus, there is no gap between the dense enclosure net and high...
- 🎁【 Better Bounce Experience 】 Wear-resistant jumping mat (made of PP) with great elasticity stands up to high pressure; solid construction and large loading capacity allows quite a few people...
- 【Safe Trampoline for Kids】As we all know safety is top priority. ORCC outdoor trampolines have 6FT high Enclosure netting which is made of high-quality polyethylene material for increased...
- 【Heavy-duty Steel Frame】ORCC trampoline frames are made of 43mm (Diameter) X 1.5mm (Thickness) heavy-duty steel. Meanwhile ORCC trampolines use the latest technology hot-dip galvanizing process to...
- 【Better Bounce Trampoline】ORCC trampolines have a better bounce and much more superior weight capacity. Waterproof Surface, UV-Resistant and Fade-Resistant of ORCC Jumping Mat uses heavy-duty...
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Last update on 2021-06-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API