The following are just a few saying, expressions or idioms that use rocks &
minerals to paint a picture:
- stone soup
- cast in stone
- Can't get blood out of a stone
- stone cold sober
- have a heart of stone
- A rolling stone gathers no moss.
- stone dead
- leave no stone unturned
- Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.
- sink like a stone
- kill two birds with one stone
- He who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
- a stone's throw away
- as solid as a rock
- between a rock and a hard place
- be on the rocks
- rock bottom
- as good as gold
- worth your weight in gold
- a gold digger
- All that glitters is not gold.
- have a heart of gold
- rub salt into the wound
- be the salt of the earth
- any person worth their salt
- take something with a pinch of salt
- Every cloud has a silver lining.
- be born with a silver spoon in your mouth
- give someone something on a silver platter
- Go down like a lead balloon.
- as bold as brass
- the brass ring
- get down to brass tacks
- the top brass
- Where there's muck, there's brass.
Idiom Sites - list definitions or examples of common sayings: